Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Are you suggesting DCI purchase their own stadium?   There is one in St Louis that may be available 

No. Trying to bring reality to those who refuse to understand it

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I doubt LOS said they’d be understaffed 

No, but of course you know that was hyperbole, a shortcut way to illustrate the point. You're not an obtuse person.

For 13 years there have been negotiations and discussions between the customer (DCI) and the vendor (LOS). Plenty of time for the customer to make its needs known, and for the vendor to communicate what it can provide for the price. 

Of COURSE LOS never said it planned to provide substandard service. No vendor ever does.

At the same time, the customer never asks for substandard service. The customer expects its needs will be met. DCI has 13 years of assurances from LOS that its needs will be met.

DCI had an expectation, had a right to expect -- had a signed contract affirming that expectation -- that the vendor would satisfactorily meet DCI's needs on Saturday, Aug. 14, 2022.

So what happens when the needs are not met? The customer raises hell. As the customer should. And if DCI did not, then it's on DCI for failing to fight for their own customers and demand the service to which their contract entitles them, in the name of making its own customers happy.

As it worked out, it appears DCI was not all that panicked, and felt a simple 10-minute push would be sufficient. I guess that's their call; I'm not there. Perhaps LOS did recognize the need, and scrambled when necessary. The debrief meeting will clarify all that, I suspect.

Bottom line: LOS runs the joint, but DCI is hiring the joint and when the hired hands are not doing the job, DCI has the right (and the obligation to its own customers) to step up and manage the situation. 

• Like 2

Phenomenal job, Mandarins!! I couldn't be happier that this corps has cemented themselves as a perennial Finalist. 

Their visual design took a massive step forward this year, and I adore it. I am now ready for the music book to follow. I feel like those talented performers can handle so much more meat & potatoes that keeps them competitive with the corps above them through the end of the season.

Whatever the future holds, an excellent, rock solid, passionate close out to this season. Let's keep seeing this corps move onward and upward!!

• Like 2

Next on the field is Phantom Regiment from Rockford, Illinois. Their 2022 program is entitled “No Walk Too Far” and consists of:

Before Time 
Godspeed! 
The Chosen 
Eli's Theme (from Let The Right One In)
Symphony No. 5  

Troop played from the heart. Colts technically better. Mandarins best run of the year 

5 minutes ago, Mikah said:

What is the name of their opener?   It kinda reminds me of Pink Floyd, but I know it's not.

it is Pink Floyd.  Another Brick in the Wall

• Like 1