2023 Season Predictions

4 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Well, you just might be wiser than I 🙂 I am calling it BD's. Boston, Bluecoats and Crown all can't finish top 2 in all captions, but I believe BD can.

I do not believe in west coast inflation. I think that has been disproved for decades. We'll see what happens at Broken Arrow, but I will be surprised if BD wins and it's close.

I'm sure you're just as wise as any of us, certainly me.

I'm just basing the Midwest/East Coast comparisons on Crown's score. I think Cadets will score higher than the Cavaliers head-to-head right now, but their score on the same day at a different contest relative to Crown was lower than the Cavaliers. I think I'm using Mandarins score as a baseline for the West Coast scores, and admittedly my viewings of them have been on video, where I've seen issues that put them smack dab around Cadets/Cavaliers/Blue Stars, but they've not beaten all these corps.

We shall see. I'll be in Texas too, so I'll see it first hand.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Why not? They may improve or they may not. 😀

BOLD prediction! 😉

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Why not? They may improve or they may not. 😀

Ohhh, they'll improve, BUT so will all the other corps who have a day or so off.  That's the reason for my snarky post.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

The Cavaliers has had a few practice days.... things might get interesting. 

Um, so does everyone else.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I’m pretty sure he meant we haven’t seen a score from them since the weekend and won’t see another til Friday. Unlike almost everyone else. But I could be wrong. Some corps will have posted 3 in that gap. 

And so have other corps. Not dissin’ on Cavies but how are their days practicing that much better than any other corps?

3 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

And so have other corps. Not dissin’ on Cavies but how are their days practicing that much better than any other corps?

6 days with no shows, no EPL, no distractions? 

which is arguably offset by other corps getting scores and feedback… but ending rehearsals midday for show routine. 

Edited by PopcornEater1963

2 hours ago, TOC said:

Ohhh, they'll improve, BUT so will all the other corps who have a day or so off.  That's the reason for my snarky post.

I love being the underdog 😀

Edit*

I do like being an underdog.... other corps will improve, but feeling like the underdog fuels my spirit. Being in that place and proving folks wrong is my favorite objective. 

There is no corps The Cavaliers fear.... and I'm not afraid of them. 😀

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TOC said:

Cool. The point is when they clean, their design is going to garner more points than corps currently scoring ahead of them.

• Thanks 2