Boston Crusaders 2023

The show just screams for a maritime bell ... perhaps right after the beginning narration and the opening horn solo .... just to signify leaving port.  Also.... as said earlier we need some sort of 'whale' .   I just started reading the novel again last eve .... also need a flag on the mast .... google youtube for the movie version, which depicts this as it's told roughly in the novel... but we'll see what they do come Allentown and beyond.  So excited to hook up with the corps in Allentown

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

The membership is based on the people who 1. Auditioned and 2. Who made the cut.

And yes, the final number for the snare line is 8, with the center snare/section leader being a young woman who is an amazing drummer and incredible leader.

Jovanna Mullin is one of THE best female snare I've seen in years .... been following her HS career and her videos before/during and after 'Hit like a girl' which she placed 2nd

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

The show just screams for a maritime bell ... perhaps right after the beginning narration and the opening horn solo .... just to signify leaving port.  Also.... as said earlier we need some sort of 'whale' .   I just started reading the novel again last eve .... also need a flag on the mast .... google youtube for the movie version, which depicts this as it's told roughly in the novel... but we'll see what they do come Allentown and beyond.  So excited to hook up with the corps in Allentown

Based on what I heard in Castleton, everything this show needs to be the ultimate complete package has been planned for since last winter,  with many elements to be unveiled as the season progresses.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Jovanna Mullin is one of THE best female snare I've seen in years .... been following her HS career and her videos before/during and after 'Hit like a girl' which she placed 2nd

According to Colin, she's one of the best snares evah.....male or female, and along with her leadership skills shows precisely why she is on center.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, craiga said:

According to Colin, she's one of the best snares evah.....male or female, and along with her leadership skills shows precisely why she is on center.

And she has 2 more years after this year.  She’s a 2025 age out.  

• Like 3

Wishing our "giants" the best tonight ..... IT IS ON !!!!  Go get em and 'Eat em' up!' 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 12:00 AM, FaustianMachine said:

I just want the corps to sing during the sea shanties. 

Darn you, Tiktok..... 

This is a reasonable ask IMO … I would also like a complimentary beer for everyone in the audience and a copy of the lyrics so that we can sing along as accurately as possible. This is how to beat BD, I really think they should listen to me on this. 

• Thanks 3