Boston Crusaders 2023

Boston Crusaders, strength through adversity!  We have survived far worse in our history.  A great week ahead as you return to the Northeast, have your three day camp,  and experience the Lawrence and Allentown shows!

DEVORATE EOS, BOSTONIA!

• Like 2

This show has that "special show" feeling to me.

To me- it's the best top 5 show of the year and my favorite from the top 5 since Babylon. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Keep going strong Boston Crusaders!  . There is no denying the audiences around the country enjoy your Show . This week you have  3 consecutive days of practices at the Univ of Delaware  facilities before  finally returning to N.E. and your show later on Thursday in Lawrence Ma .. Your many Alums and fans in New England are looking forward to your return !

I will be there!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 6:33 AM, craiga said:

Thank you for honoring the rest of us with your vast credentials.  You should have added the fact that more than half of your posts rave about the Blue Devils no longer use dot books, software, or other written drill of any kind...a fact which is probably obvious to anyone here on dcp.  You completely missed the fact that Boston had 45 seconds of new music and drill last night, continues to outscore BD in captions, narrowed the spread to .85 total, and was the arguably the demonstrative audience favorite, again. The Blue Devils are a storied drum corps, but it sounds like you're whistling past the graveyard.

Well I’ll continue whistling past that grave yard until another corps comes up with the staff and stamina that can match BD’s constant excellence. Note that I said in my post that boston would win either next year or soon. Also I love boston, always have. But it doesn’t negate the fact they, for all intentions, finished fourth in Atlanta. Due to a deduction from the other BC corps. But we will see how the season finishes. No doubt everyone will clean. But unless boston ups the power and GE of their show they may well be 3-4. That was clear just in the live crowd reaction of the shows at ATL. But there is always next year, which I predict with the staff they have will be fighting for a win. And you can hate on me for complementing BD. But… I didn’t march BD and have no ties to them, I just ##### what I see. Is boston great….yes. Are there other corps more emotional and impactful this season….yes. Could boston provide a more audience engaging show…yes. Are they clean as hell #### for this time in the season…yes. But…Crown and Bluecoats are gonna fight them until the end. I would love to see boston break through and win. Such a storied corps deserves it. But we have to face reality for what it is this season as it stands. There is a fight for 2-4, but BD has a lock on champion. 

I'm not hating on you...or anyone.  The only comment of yours that I would take issue with is that Boston's show is somehow not engaging the audience.   I respectfully disagree. The audience reactions especially since San Antonio have been off the charts,  as evidenced by multiple standing ovations and over $40,000 in merch sales in one night.

And for the record,  I wouldn't care if you were a BD fan.  They are a great organization, but when someone tells us we "have no hope of winning", that gets the juices flowing.

As of today,  Boston is going in a different direction from everyone else and spending a pre-planned 3 day mini-camp in Delaware.  What they will be doing there is not known to me, but I know one thing for sure...they will be focused like never before. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, craiga said:

I'm not hating on you...or anyone.  The only comment of yours that I would take issue with is that Boston's show is somehow not engaging the audience.   I respectfully disagree. The audience reactions especially since San Antonio have been off the charts,  as evidenced by multiple standing ovations and over $40,000 in merch sales in one night.

And for the record,  I wouldn't care if you were a BD fan.  They are a great organization, but when someone tells us we "have no hope of winning", that gets the juices flowing.

As of today,  Boston is going in a different direction from everyone else and spending a pre-planned 3 day mini-camp in Delaware.  What they will be doing there is not known to me, but I know one thing for sure...they will be focused like never before. 

I’ll take back Boston isn’t engaging to the audience. They obviously are from what I have seen from live performances, I’m just saying I’ve seen more wows and omg from the live performances I’ve seen compared from boston to phantom and BD back to back. Now that doesn’t mean one thing come finals, because I’ve only seen two southern area shows and a lot can change between now and finals. I highly respect boston and what they have been able to achieve so quickly. They look, sound, drum, and spin fantastically. I would love to see them come up and win this year. Do I think it will happen. Probably not compared to where BD is right now. But you never know. They could deliver the knock out punch, which I would whole heartedly cheer for, as I do with every corps. 

I watched the shipwreck moment closely and noticed the “white whale” dancer going by each section of the ship as it’s coming apart.  It’s clear now why the ship is in pieces before the flyover flag. There must be something planned to make the whale dancer more visible while wrecking the ship. 

Edited by Ediker

Ah so the flyover is a victory breach on the wreckage!

Bring on The Burp™

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Ah so the flyover is a victory breach on the wreckage!

Bring on The Burp™

I would love to see something akin to the genius of the SOS closer.  Maybe multiple flyovers with multiple images.  

I don’t know how the heck they would do it…but I think there is magic to be had.  

• Like 1