Carolina Crown 2023

6 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

cc2eb948-46b9-405d-8da3-4f91fea8f9b3.jpe

In other quasi-Crown news…

Just picked up my old Schilke B6 from an extensive restoration. When the tech provided samples of stock to fabricate new valve inlays, it was an obvious choice.

Inferno forever👑👑

GO CROWN!!!

So cool!!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, karuna said:

really don't like how DCI chooses to display the schedule on their website.  Too much fluff -- not enough content.  So...

t46gnsn.png

(that's a little better)

Agreed. Two things the DCI should do well: schedule and scores. The schedule has been atrocious for years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I read this thread because I enjoy what crown does. I’m sorry that having non crown alum in this thread put y’all on edge 

The early season rumor was that Martin was arranging the show instead of Klesch.  Obviously false.  And if he did indeed arrange a piece it's interesting that Crown would not credit him.  I suspect that it's more of a collaboration but in any case I STILL want to hear it.  

FWIW I think bringing in new ideas to the music side (which Martin as well as Shah/Jackson probably did) is a fundamentally good thing for Crown.

(and your post had no snark and is not what Grandpa was referring to.  Everyone's welcome here but there are a handful of posters who continue to post in this thread only to troll and insult crown fans.  Not cool. )  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, karuna said:

The early season rumor was that Martin was arranging the show instead of Klesch.  Obviously false.  And if he did indeed arrange a piece it's interesting that Crown would not credit him.  I suspect that it's more of a collaboration but in any case I STILL want to hear it.  

FWIW I think bringing in new ideas to the music side (which Martin as well as Shah/Jackson probably did) is a fundamentally good thing for Crown.

(and your post had no snark and is not what Grandpa was referring to.  Everyone's welcome here but there are a handful of posters who continue to post in this thread only to troll and insult crown fans.  Not cool. )  

In regards to that rumor. I’ve asked a few members at crown about it because I have heard from them about it. 
All of them do agree Martin wrote part of the book and I was wrong with him writing all of it. I’m willing to accept being wrong in that. 
But it’s not agreed if he just wrote part 4, or wrote things in other movements. I do know that Klesch went through some rough personal times this season so Martin stepping in may have been a personal favor or it could’ve been just to change some stuff. Who knows. 
At the end of the day I don’t think it really matters who wrote what. 

Im not going to touch the “troll” comment because I think that the majority of time these members come in is to defend their org from comments made in here. 
Something that all fans or alum of their respective corps would do

• Thanks 1

Anyways to try and get this thread back on track

I heard crown learned their closer recently. That’ll be exciting to see it in the field 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Anyways to try and get this thread back on track

I heard crown learned their closer recently. That’ll be exciting to see it in the field 

4 days in NC, 2 in OH, then in Muncie for 4.  It's a LOT of rehearsal time and not a lot of time on the bus  Being at the show site those 4 days is also a substantial bonus.    Members really enjoy interacting with the BOA campers there (and of course the campers are just ridiculous at the show, cheering for every single corps but maybe just a wee bit more for Crown :biggrin:).     

• Like 2

1 minute ago, karuna said:

4 days in NC, 2 in OH, then in Muncie for 4.  It's a LOT of rehearsal time and not a lot of time on the bus  Being at the show site those 4 days is also a substantial bonus.    Members really enjoy interacting with the BOA campers there (and of course the campers are just ridiculous at the show, cheering for every single corps but maybe just a wee bit more for Crown :biggrin:).     

I know a few people who have done the BOA campers. Funnily enough the other person on the DM team in 22 did that BOA stuff. The ones I did enjoyed it, and of course Im sure that the Crown members love performing with the kids as well. I know when we did that stuff in 18/19 it was a great time

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I know a few people who have done the BOA campers. Funnily enough the other person on the DM team in 22 did that BOA stuff. The ones I did enjoyed it, and of course Im sure that the Crown members love performing with the kids as well. I know when we did that stuff in 18/19 it was a great time

Every section gets time with the equivalent group of campers as well so there's more interaction beside the "on-the-field" performance.  It's a pretty great experience for the campers.  

• Like 2