Carolina Crown 2023

4 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

FYI, if you've got a TV with an HDMI port, you can get a Roku streaming stick for about $35-40 and grab the FloMarching app on the Roku store and stream to your TV to keep your Crown fix going.  

Can you do the same thing with a fire stick? 

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

It is . Bloo topped Crown in Guard tonite ( bit of a surprise , imo) 

Watching a vid of their run, they had quite a bit of drops and not tossing flags. They also looked fatigued a bit. Definitely not their best run. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Watching a vid of their run, they had quite a bit of drops and not tossing flags. They also looked fatigued a bit. Definitely not their best run. 

Good to see you back in the CrownThread!   What's your read so far on this show?  I think it has all the ingredients to medal and possibly push higher than that!  

• Like 2

Sounds like there was a tempo increase on the fourth movement on this performance/ 

7 hours ago, wigwam said:

Can you do the same thing with a fire stick? 

Looks like.  The key to any streaming platform is if Flo makes their app for it.

Amazon Fire is on their list. https://www.flomarching.com/articles/6517411-more-ways-to-watch-flomarching

7 hours ago, karuna said:

Good to see you back in the CrownThread!   What's your read so far on this show?  I think it has all the ingredients to medal and possibly push higher than that!  

Definitely been a little more chill this season watching everyone’s reactions and opinions. Honestly the feeling I’m getting is the same one as 13 & 15. This season they are firing on all cylinders. Percussion has got me hooked the most this season. Guard is beyond beyond and definitely will contend for the zingali. Brass is at the top of their game which is expected, they want that Ott back! This Show can definitely Medal and possibly contend for that founders trophy. 

• Thanks 3

Anyone else surprised by BACs and BDs recent scores?  Both have great shows, but I don’t think BD is 2 pts ahead level good. I know making assumptions from different competitions isn’t advised, but gosh — each year it’s like this with west coast judging. * done with rant *

45 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

Anyone else surprised by BACs and BDs recent scores?  Both have great shows, but I don’t think BD is 2 pts ahead level good. I know making assumptions from different competitions isn’t advised, but gosh — each year it’s like this with west coast judging. * done with rant *

Inflated, especially on the West.  There isn't really a field to compare over there outside of BD and then a good bit down Mandarins.  I do expect BD to still be on top when they and the top meet up, but I am not convinced this show of theirs will go all the way.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

I think all the scores are inflated this summer - West and East:

Last year at DCI West (7/10/22) BD scored an 82.5 - This year, 85.15

Last year at CrownBEAT (7/9/22) Crown scored 81.85 - DCI Statesboro (GA) (7/10/22) last year got rained out if I recall, but at DCI Macon last night, Crown popped an 83.1

We'll see what goes down in San Antonio for sure

I would expect Crowns and BACs scores to be higher this year compared to last. That checks out, imo. BD being up that much implies inflation.  For a long time, there’s been rumble that the west coast judges pad BDs score based on whatever came in earlier that evening from the East. This seems to mimic that theory. The west coast judges should be more careful as this causes lots of people to question the credibility about DCI and it’s judges.

• Like 1