3 hours ago, Zeke said:

Peter and wolf  with a twist perhaps... Prokofiev good stuff

M.C. Escher inspired type show

Or running with Prokofiev, how about Ivan the Terrible

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wigwam said:

Crowd reaction from finals performance

Nice find, L! 

There’s another floating around [exact camera placement] from ‘19.

Four years later, still gives me chills👑

3 hours ago, hughesmr said:

Oppenheimer: The Drum Corps Show

Leander High School from Texas had a show in 2019 entitled Radioactive that was pretty fun. That's what I'd imagine that show to be like.

Where’s the 2024 thread?  I kinda still wanted to discuss 2023, but it looks like you all have already moved on!

The more I think about it, I believe 2023 might be my favorite Crown corps ever!

• Like 2

Crown could have used a complete mid season uniform overhaul, ala Cadets 2015 but in the opposite direction. Brighten the colors, brighten the silks. They were incredible but the visual was so muted and for me the show never really popped because if it.

3 hours ago, Tommeee said:

Where’s the 2024 thread?  I kinda still wanted to discuss 2023, but it looks like you all have already moved on!

The more I think about it, I believe 2023 might be my favorite Crown corps ever!

It is currently on page 2. will be bumping it momentarily. And I love this show, so I see your perspective here. 

[Darn DCP restrictions -- can't post FB links or upload photos. If someone can help out, I'd be greatly appreciative.]

On FB, Matt Harloff posted a touching pic and post of Freddy Martin and him holding the 2023 Jim Ott award. Matt says this was Freddy's first Ott award he helped earn and it was as part of the Crown staff.

Thank you Freddy and Matt!

• Like 8

Wow Crown.  Congratulations on all you accomplished this year: Medaling, Ott, and thoroughly entertaining all of us by showcasing your incredible talent and maximizing a great show.  You have made all of us alumni, friends and fans so freaking proud.

Having been able to witness you in performance and rehearsal last weekend, I cannot express how impressed I am by your spirit, talent, and professionalism.  I hope your summer performing was as fantastic as our summer watching you perform.

Congratulations again, and thank you!!!!!

• Like 3