Phantom Regiment 2023

Most excited by the Muse stuff.  

Survival, Madness, and Panic station are off the same album as Supremacy, and I've always thought those would make for good show selections as well.  

Hadn't heard that Melillo piece before, but I like how different it is from his stuff that other corps have done.  

If you watched World War Z, this song that PR is doing will sound familiar.

Based on the show name, I would think this will be added to their repertoire.

34 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

If you watched World War Z, this song that PR is doing will sound familiar.

I think “Tubular Bells” when I hear this.

• Like 1

I am really looking forward to this years show. I am hoping that it will be amazing when I see them next week.  Last year I was super exited when I saw the show mid June and thought it had to be top 5, only to be deflated by the judges scores in Detroit.  Hopefully this season we will wow the crowds and the Judges

• Like 2

16 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I am really looking forward to this years show. I am hoping that it will be amazing when I see them next week.  Last year I was super exited when I saw the show mid June and thought it had to be top 5, only to be deflated by the judges scores in Detroit.  Hopefully this season we will wow the crowds and the Judges

I absolutely look forward to hearing and seeing this show, and I don't care what the judges think. 

Of course I want Regiment to place high if it's deserved, but long ago I stopped letting the judges decide how I feel when driving away from a show. I let each corps' performance determine how I feel. 

Hence, I don't stay for the announcement of scores. Side benefit, you get out of the parking lot easier and you get home earlier. 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, billj said:

I absolutely look forward to hearing and seeing this show, and I don't care what the judges think. 

Of course I want Regiment to place high if it's deserved, but long ago I stopped letting the judges decide how I feel when driving away from a show. I let each corps' performance determine how I feel. 

Hence, I don't stay for the announcement of scores. Side benefit, you get out of the parking lot easier and you get home earlier. 

Probably the healthiest reason to watch any more.  I stopped caring about score for the most part when I went to a show and a corps only had 2/3's of the show even done and they beat 3 other units that were comparable.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, billj said:

Well, now you've given everyone the secret.  😁 But I do the same... 🚗  

JD Shaw must own stock in Stephen Melillo. He's programmed him in 2016, 2017, 2022, and 2023. 

I found this out after listening to 2016 SCV today - absolute BANGER and maybe my second favorite show of JD's behind 2018.

On 10/27/2022 at 1:23 PM, totaleefree said:

Well, we are getting a new Food truck this year,  I think 600k worth.   Not that the old food truck was ever accused of having bad food or small quantities of food.   I think that may help the corps, at least the A/C will keep old volunteers like me from totally burning out working there on hot days.    I wonder if this one will just be called food truck or if they will find a cute name for it, the other trailers have names, but I think the food truck was Just "Food Truck ".  

Sorry for the long distance quote/reply but the Food truck (as in the old one that was retired on August 13th 2022) was, at least in my recollection and in the past 7 years or so, named "Becky" after Ms. Becky Nelson who is the woman who has run the food program at Phantom for several years. If the tradition of the name "Burly" being applied to each new Phantom equipment trailer is to be also applied to the food truck, then the new one which is already now in service will also be called "Becky."