Phantom Regiment 2023

6 hours ago, regimentlvr said:

I’m not sure what to think yet. Seems a bit gimmicky, I’ll reserve judgement until I see the show. Anxiously awaiting!

I don't get the impression that it's show-related. The post said something about anniversary of Jurassic Park.

Though they have announced a small change to the guard unis...

dinosaurs.jpg

• Haha 4

The shirt is an inside joke of sorts (surprised?).

They have taken some pictures over last couple weeks and have replaced the props with dinosaurs to not show them before their first competition. The dinosaurs started jokes about how PR was going to have dinosaurs as props this year.

Of course they did a community show on 6/11 and request that nobody take pictures or video and post anywhere but alas...

I understand that PR doesn't want much info out about the show just yet, but are there any general impressions to be shared from those who saw the community performance last night?  How much of the show (i.e., drill) were they ready to perform?  How did the crowd respond? Etc.

I'm sure we will get the prop report before show report.....

3 hours ago, SJugster said:

The shirt is an inside joke of sorts (surprised?).

They have taken some pictures over last couple weeks and have replaced the props with dinosaurs to not show them before their first competition. The dinosaurs started jokes about how PR was going to have dinosaurs as props this year.

Of course they did a community show on 6/11 and request that nobody take pictures or video and post anywhere but alas...

Their Facebook page also posted photos of the props

16 minutes ago, SJugster said:

I honestly don't see the big thing about hiding the props prior to the first show anyway.

I honestly think it's silly. Same with corps not announcing their repertoires before the season. It's such a small activity with such a small following I am not sure why it's such a big deal to keep things secret.   

• Like 1

As long as there is NO EVIL QUEEN dinosaur, I'm good with the picture above!