Phantom Regiment 2023

27 minutes ago, Reggi93 said:

Funny! In 2018 I watched SCV and thought "this could have been a great Regiment show." 

In all fairness this show reminds me of the slightly outside the box risk we took in 93. A lot of people were not fully onboard with what we premiered saying it wasn't their cup of tea but we won them over in the end. I can't wait to see what they put on the field to go with this.  

Precisely Reggi93! It’s not easy to reinvent yourselves.

I thought last year's book was a little SCVish and I think the same this year. Last year's music had emotion from day 1, but this year, not yet. 

In 2017 I sensed SCV decided to play the game, and in 2018 they out-deviled BD and that was a great show. After that, 2019 and 2022 just seemed like more of the same, visually and musically. What I'm saying is: if you need to play the game to move up, don't play the game too much like SCV. 

Need to see the visual, but hoping for great things to have a solid package. I think the uniforms will help remind us that THIS IS REGIMENT!!! 

• Thanks 1

Finally got to watch a recording from last night. Still love the uniforms just as much as I did when they revealed them. But like other comments, this is definitely a different show for Phantom. I need to see the visual before I buy in and that's never happened to me for a Phantom show before. The music usually sucks me in right away. I will say the ballad was nice. 

Not to long before this guy shows up....

Prop Boy

Edited by Mello Dude

I have to say, I personally don’t really feel this one is immediately and as emphatically as last year, that show really was able to pull so many people in from the first listen and it translated out onto the field so so well. I was fortunate to see it live and I more than likely will see this show live as well, I just don’t know if it’ll really leave an impact like last year’s but that’s for me to find out when I go see it I guess! Just my thoughts on the preview

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

I strongly advise everyone to withhold judgement until after you see the visual design. The music is much different from Phantom traditionally, but so is the visual, and I mean that in the best way possible. You can’t really understand this show without the visual production. Plus, the music will of course grow on us all as it usually does! This has potential to be a phan phavorite show by the end of the season while also being very competitive on the score sheets! I think we all need to remember where Phanton was four short years ago haha. We would’ve begged for days like this!

• Like 3

I saw the practice last night and was very impressed with where they are. 
there are sections that were really cool with many things to look at and there are some sections that will need to be rethought. 
The brass will blow your face off in spots but will also show a softer side as well. 
im not sold on the closer and the closing drill. Feel it’s too abrupt. We shall see what changes they make but I’m happy where they are today compared to a couple years ago. 

Yeah strong is the show is the closer are seemed a little anti-climatic. It will be interesting to see how the phantom vanguard scores.

Edited by Babylon
  • Confused 1