Phantom Regiment 2023

58 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

Sounds like the closer and percussion feature is changing! Saw the vlog today and it was mentioned. Can’t wait to see it!

Very excited to see it in a performance. Some people on here will be very happy with the closer changes, too.

Gotta say, I'm so happy to see Regiment back. This staff is genius. They are perfectly executing this corps climb back to the top. Whether they finish 5th or 8th this year this show is a huge step in the right direction. I absolutely love this show. One of my favorite of the season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wilme861 said:

100% disagree honestly. I believe DCI and WGI percussion groups today play the most difficult and musical books they have ever played.

Difficult? Yes, Musical? That's a hard no. Especially when playing with the brass. To the untrained ear (me) a lot of the percussion writing is as described, cram in as many notes as possible without regard for what the brass is playing. IF it takes away from the brass, it's annoying. I must confess that I do find Paul Renics writing to be most tasteful and generally not over written when playing with the brass. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm gonna say something super positive...that ballad is already bringing me to tears. It is the most beautiful ballad Regiment has done since Angelus Domini (Ave Maria) in 06. I wish I could get to Indy this year to see how majesterial is will be at Finals.

• Like 3

FYI for those who are looking forward to tonight and the changes mentioned in the last vLog, It isn't happening tonight. No tarps or major updates.

Those will be revealed over the weekend it seems.

hopefully it is ok for me to spill these beans

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, SJugster said:

FYI for those who are looking forward to tonight and the changes mentioned in the last vLog, It isn't happening tonight. No tarps or major updates.

2enwvlT.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SJugster said:

Works for me, this show isn’t broadcast anyway 

2 hours ago, SJugster said:

"Closer changes" is intriguing.

Does the HS in Rockford have artificial turf yet, or is it still (dicey) natural grass? 

3 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

2enwvlT.gif

That seems....unwise with the paper label still on the can.

• Thanks 1