Phantom Regiment 2023

11 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Unfortunately, the sad reality is, BD will likely break 90, possibly 91 with the other 3 corps a point or more behind, leaving a potential gap of 5 points or more between 4th and Regiment at 5th. It's just what we have all come to expect from DCI!

Pretty much nailed it…sadly.

Finally got a chance to see the show w/ the tarps/phabric.  Understated, essentially nonreflective, and very much out of the way.  I kinda like it.  Also, given the show theme, that opening move with the props really reminded me of:

aliens-aliens-movie.gif

28 minutes ago, gak27 said:

Finally got a chance to see the show w/ the tarps/phabric.  Understated, essentially nonreflective, and very much out of the way.  I kinda like it.  Also, given the show theme, that opening move with the props really reminded me of:

aliens-aliens-movie.gif

Thank you!  I’ve been saying from day one the way they open the ones and spiral are a legit face hugger vibe. 

now for some chest bursters

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

Don't think so. Boston's White Whale has the potential to knock off BD at finals. The show needs the right tweaking to get it to a incredible experience by Indy. Wouldn't count them out yet. 

I like Bostons show, which is exactly why it WON'T best BD at finals or any other show for that matter. BD has taken the art of B.S. to a new level and Coats are right behind them. The 'if it's BD it must be good' mentality is alive and well in DCI.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sorry, not a FaceStalker here. Any updates on the corps members?

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Sorry, not a FaceStalker here. Any updates on the corps members?

They are awesome and their show is #1. That’s all I know right now. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TOC said:

Since you said it was not a long trip, they wouldn't have been the first corps to spread one bus of mm throughout the other available vehicles.  Let's just hope it wasn't anything serious.

How would you get that from riding on a bus without a/c?  There are hatches in the roof that open from the inside that will vent the entire bus with rushing air.  No bus a/c can’t be the reason.  They get much hotter practicing during the heat of the day.  

Edited by Land_Surfer

1 minute ago, Land_Surfer said:

How would you get that from riding on a bus without a/c?  There are hatches in the roof that open from the inside that will. Ent the entire bus with rushing air.  No bus a/c can’t be the reason.  They get much hotter practicing during the heat of the day.  

Drum Corps Spin?

7 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Don't think so. Boston's White Whale has the potential to knock off BD at finals. The show needs the right tweaking to get it to a incredible experience by Indy. Wouldn't count them out yet. 

You can count everyone out. BD is going to win, AGAIN. So annoying, I know. But, they are. Corps just don't erase a 1.5 point deficit to BD and beat them. The last time that happened was 2008 and 2023 Boston is in no way in the company of 2008 Regiment, or 2011 Cadets, or 2013 Crown, or 2016 Bluecoats or 2018 Vanguard. Those were the type of colossal show that is necessary to beat BD and no one this year has a show like that, Boston included.

Now, on to Regiment. Glad I got to mention them above. I can't wait to SA to see if they land if 5th. I'm so utterly amazed at the turn around that has happened and is happening. I thought, after 2019, they were destined to fall out of finals, and now it looks like they will place 5th, which is amazing. I love this show. The staff really did a bang-up perfect job of designing a show so perfectly considering the talent level. This is only going to bode so well for Regiment going forward.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1