Phantom Regiment 2023

On 4/19/2023 at 11:22 AM, kdaddy said:

Only one of us is speaking in absolutes, and it's not me.

It sounds like you're suggesting that "data that's available" means that you can draw conclusions about a particular demographic based on a generic fan voting outcome. And I would suggest in response that's a failure in data analysis.

only Sith deal in absolutes

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

only Sith deal in absolutes

They also control the weak minded....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

They also control the weak minded....

they suck at not having the high ground

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

they suck at not having the high ground

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Heard some recordings of PR at their camp this weekend. 

They sound fantastic. I forsee them jumping in brass placements. They have a really good hornline over there and the guys in the next few spots above them need to be watching their backs.

Havent heard anything about show design or visual, which imo is their weak link
But with a brass like that, who cares. Super excited to see how much better it gets cause its already amazing

Second all of this! I’ve heard some stuff and brass has taken a huge step forward imo, compared to last year. Expect a very SCV 2017-2019 type of sound and arrangement. It’s also much more technically challenging than I was expecting. 

They haven’t released a lot regarding show design, but what I have heard about is extremely different from what Phantom has traditionally been associated with. Again, I only know a little bit about the design, but what I have heard has reminded me of the style of show that the Mandarins usually do. A bit weird, but it should be pretty cool if the visual design matches. The music goes well with the concept that I’ve been told about. Also, I’m a huge fan of the uniforms. Probs my favorites in a long time.

I don’t want to share too much, but I think Phans will be very happy about what Phantom is doing.

• Like 4

Just now, college-phan said:

Second all of this! I’ve heard some stuff and brass has taken a huge step forward imo, compared to last year. Expect a very SCV 2017-2019 type of sound and arrangement. It’s also much more technically challenging than I was expecting. 

They haven’t released a lot regarding show design, but what I have heard about is extremely different from what Phantom has traditionally been associated with. Again, I only know a little bit about the design, but what I have heard has reminded me of the style of show that the Mandarins usually do. A bit weird, but it should be pretty cool if the visual design matches. The music goes well with the concept that I’ve been told about. Also, I’m a huge fan of the uniforms. Probs my favorites in a long time.

I don’t want to share too much, but I think Phans will be very happy about what Phantom is doing.

Honestly. When I first saw the unis I was not happy. Then the more I stared the more I started to really really like them

The more I hear about the show from some friends the more excited I get and the more I think that this will be one of those special shows that only happen every few years

• Like 3

11 hours ago, college-phan said:

Reading this got me as excited as reading "JD Shaw is back."

• Like 1