Phantom Regiment 2023

20 minutes ago, Continental said:

You mean the incident that was purported to have occurred in 2021 that people still continue to bring up?

That’s the one. It was brought up all summer. People hang onto stuff a long time. I thought it happened last year as well, but to listen to all the talk, it sounded like it was repeated this year. Were those people present this summer?

Anyone want to make music predictions for next year? I’m sure everything is already chosen. 

https://youtu.be/cMMGWSX7va8

This link is from the Corey Bands winning performance of “A Brussels Requiem”.  Whole piece is great but from 14:30 to the end is fire.  Could do a whole show around the theme of “Requiem” - lots of classic (Mozart) as well as very modern source music.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dciphan79 said:

https://youtu.be/cMMGWSX7va8

This link is from the Corey Bands winning performance of “A Brussels Requiem”.  Whole piece is great but from 14:30 to the end is fire.  Could do a whole show around the theme of “Requiem” - lots of classic (Mozart) as well as very modern source music.  

I like the idea of requiems. Dark, foreboding, broody, lush music. In a word: Phantom. 

edit: there are also some really soaring, uplifting passages in various requiems. 

Edited by PRomoter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PRomoter said:

I hate props. Feels like 85% of them are out there for groups just because it’s expected, not because it adds much to the show. 

I have high hopes that last 3 years will keep retention high. From what I’ve heard, the MM’s were young this year, so a high return would mean things only improve going forward. 

Design staff shake up would be a positive step with all the junk causing distraction this year. That’s the last thing they need. 

What was the last finalist show without props? I honestly can’t remember. 

1 hour ago, PRomoter said:

I like the idea of requiems. Dark, foreboding, broody, lush music. In a word: Phantom. 

edit: there are also some really soaring, uplifting passages in various requiems. 

“Dark, foreboding, broody, lush,” yup, until the electronic instruments chime in and the amplifiers begin regurgitating their flat bellows that only a humpback whale could love.  

• Sad 1

On 8/14/2022 at 10:56 AM, Zeke said:

I'm very excited to see what's next for them. If they can retain their membership and staff along with some key changes they'll be on the heels of several corps. If they could get Adam Sage back to head up their guard design again would be awesome.

This may have already been answered but Sage came back in 2020 and has been there ever since.