Blue Devils in the Details 2023

Where do we begin, “Both Sides Now” Joni Mitchell, “Incident in Jazz  Bob Graettinger,  “Caves”  Cody Fry  That Brilliant BD Brass Sound.  The Matisse visual program.  Impeccable guard.  All of the above and more. To all the designers, arrangers, performers. Tremendous!!!

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I can't believe people still think it's possible BD will not win. It's like nobody has learned anything over the past 16 years.

Yeap. Its nothing new really lol..

BD have had undefeated season in the past, where they have gotten beaten on finals night. That time and now is totally different on few factors, plus the design is too smart to let that happen again. I think they keep singing that song believing lightning will strike in the same place. They are not truly being objective to applying the logic of all the factors needing to line up for BD not to win, and even all those factors is really unlikely to line up.

Whatever way the judges sees fit, then we have to accept it, either in favor of BD winning or losing. We should still trust the judges, there's multiples of them and scores are not decided by only one, even if we think one or two judges might not be scoring fairly.

Logistics points to BD wining either the scores be widen or tighten.. It might be a close finish, but it's clearly in BD favor. The show is just that strong.. Captions are captioning strongly lol. The judges varies on opinions but Bd still come out on top each time. I am more watching the captions to see who gets what. It's really nail biting for me lol.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

I can't believe people still think it's possible BD will not win. It's like nobody has learned anything over the past 16 years.

This activity thrives on perseverance and hope so I don’t blame them. Just like I hope BD will win perc and brass. But LFGBD anyway!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

I have already accepted the fate that BD is never going to lose again

• Haha 4

Just now, ContraFart said:

I have already accepted the fate that BD is never going to lose again

Haha. They will and I hope I'm alive to see it. I have to believe at some point they won't be so dominant. I don't think they are going to win every year but they have been in the top two for the last 16 years (17 if they stay there this year). That is really remarkable. 16 years of being the corps to beat.

3 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Well 5 other corps have won during that time, so maybe the fact that it actually happened is why some people would have learned it’s possible.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Well 5 other corps have won during that time, so maybe the fact that it actually happened is why some people would have learned it’s possible.  

Yes, but when you look at the five shows it took to beat BD no one has one of those shows this year. IMO, anyway, but yes, I understand what you're saying. I hoped in '96, '97, '99, '03, '07, '08, '09, '12, '14, '15, '17 and '19 that someone would beat BD and it only happened once (ties don't count, they still won). Been there, done that. Learned my lesson 🙂

• Like 1

On a different note, here’s to another amazing performance tonight and tomorrow, Blue Devils! You are performing an amazingly powerful and intricate show with the energy, passion, intensity, and finesse of professionals. I am amazed at what you’ve accomplished as an organization. Thank you for sharing your talents with us fans. We’re so very grateful!

Put it all out there! Be in control, give it your all and have a blast!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Per my seatmate: “BD is like mimosas with Red Bull!” - Kim, ‘85 Star of Indiana

• Like 1