The Cavaliers 2023

3 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Amazing. Cleanliness issues aside I found them extremely charismatic and fun last year and hope they keep that energy. I was rooting for them because they were having so much fun.

Honestly I’d love for them to give us more like that 2021 show. IDK if it was because the pressure was off or what, but that was their best show in years, to me. So, so, so fun. 

Bring me back a lot of 2021-type shows all up and down DCI. The most all-around fun show year top to bottom evah. Entertain me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Amazing. Cleanliness issues aside I found them extremely charismatic and fun last year and hope they keep that energy. I was rooting for them because they were having so much fun.

Honestly I’d love for them to give us more like that 2021 show. IDK if it was because the pressure was off or what, but that was their best show in years, to me. So, so, so fun. 

I fully support the members, but that design was a train reck last year.

As far as 2021, that was also not up to snuff. The guard numbers were way too low, and that show just pushed their visual program further away from what they have done in the past. 

Bluecoats and Boston took the right approach, imho. Blue Stars, Troopers, and Colts did as well, and they reaped the benefits of doing things the way they did in 2021 by coming out and rocking it in 2022. ALL those corps.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

It looks like family night is this Saturday. Is there anyone here going? 

I'm planning on going, but I didn't know it was family night. I know they have a community performance on Friday, and then a day off on Friday after that. I have dogs, so I can't stay as long as I'd like. The logistics for dog ownership make it difficult to do anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm planning on going, but I didn't know it was family night. I know they have a community performance on Friday, and then a day off on Friday after that. I have dogs, so I can't stay as long as I'd like. The logistics for dog ownership make it difficult to do anything.

Let your dogs march!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Let your dogs march!!

Oh, we have two rescue pitties, and the large female doesn't really like other dogs except for her "mate" who she could devour easily.  It's a big responsibility to care for her. The other doggie is a social butterfly and genius and also is his "mate's" emotional support dog. 

Unfortunately, she barks in hotels, so they have to stay in an AC car whilst we sneak away for short periods of time.

Otherwise I'd be out with my freshly old hind end trying to march THIS show! It's gonna be fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I meant community night lol!!! Sorry, I'm at work and I have no idea why I typed family night.

• Like 1