The Cavaliers 2023

Pretty cool history night at the Cavaliers tonight!

I'm pretty glad the current members get to learn about the history of the corps, and that my year was mentioned!

I'm pretty hyped at the show hints too.  It's nice to learn that a dude who marched in 2010 is on visual staff!

I can't wait to learn more about this progressive love letter to our history!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Pretty cool history night at the Cavaliers tonight!

I'm pretty glad the current members get to learn about the history of the corps, and that my year was mentioned!

I'm pretty hyped at the show hints too.  It's nice to learn that a dude who marched in 2010 is on visual staff!

I can't wait to learn more about this progressive love letter to our history!

That makes me feel better about the visual aspect. 

We need this season to start already.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 6:23 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

The season needs to start right now lol!!

19 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

We need this season to start already.

You need a new speech writer Hook!

On 6/12/2023 at 7:09 AM, GREENBLUE said:

…Where You’ll Find Me

I: “Familiar Places”: The Rutter Gloria

II: “75”: Saucedo original in 7 and 5

III: “In your Heart”: the Ballad is the closer with an allegro ending to the show

watch the podcast

Now that we have an idea of at least the structure of the show, what other familiar tunes do you think we might hear? And what part of the Rutter Gloria will they use? My money is on the opening fanfare they created from mvt 2.  

along those same lines, what visuals do you think they will bring back? Diamond cutter?  Dragon? Step over?  Kaleidoscope geometric shapes? Whatever they called the gear fan thing from Machine and Secret Society? Or maybe the full field form compression?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alextiger said:

Now that we have an idea of at least the structure of the show, what other familiar tunes do you think we might hear? And what part of the Rutter Gloria will they use? My money is on the opening fanfare they created from mvt 2.  

along those same lines, what visuals do you think they will bring back? Diamond cutter?  Dragon? Step over?  Kaleidoscope geometric shapes? Whatever they called the gear fan thing from Machine and Secret Society? Or maybe the full field form compression?

If I remember correctly they said they’re doing the four corners drill from 2001. (Or some variation of)

2 hours ago, alextiger said:

I have sheet music for Movement two, so I have an idea.... neener.