The Cavaliers 2023

22 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Someone mentioned in the Albeline thread that the changes made in the closer last night kind of/sort of came apart.? Not sure of the details since they haven’t been on Flo. Lol. 

I’ve been asking about this too. If they had an 83 with those problems, I kinda hope it’s true. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Cavies '23 have a big fan in me and others who see the value of what they're doing. Don't let them let the scores get to them. They don't matter. They're not going to remember the scores in twenty years. They're going to remember that hey, they put a #### good show on the field that helped them bring Cavies and Cavie fans from all generations together. That's so so so much more important than a stupid number from a judge that's watched way too many drum corps shows in one day.

My son’s first year as a Cavaliers DM was the 2019 season. He MIGHT be able to tell you their numerical score at Finals. 

What he can DEFINITELY tell you about that season is… 

* Opening the Season in California 
* Conducting Wayne Bergeron with the Cavs in a street concert in Los Angeles 
* Meeting Eric Whitacre at the same concert. 
* The Free Day at Santa Monica Pier
*  Cavaliers and SCV combining hornlines and playing an Encore of both corps songs
* Conducting a concert at Yamaha HQ
* Seeing his grandmother after her first ever drum corps show in San Bernardino 
* Waking up to an unannounced detour to Niagara Falls, and the whole  corps singing “Rainbow” at the Falls with a pronounced rainbow hanging over the water.
* Standing on a podium in LOS on Saturday night of DCI Finals running 5th
* Not caring they were running 5th

Scores are necessary, I suppose… but you’d be surprised how many MM’s refuse to let scores rob their joy.

Edited by PopcornEater1963
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

My son’s first year as a Cavaliers DM was the 2019 season. He MIGHT be able to tell you their numerical score at Finals. 

*  Cavaliers and SCV combining hornlines and playing an Encore of both corps songs
* Waking up to an unannounced detour to Niagara Falls, and the whole  corps singing “Rainbow” at the Falls with a pronounced rainbow hanging over the water.

Scores are necessary, I suppose… but you’d be surprised how many MM’s refuse to let scores rob their joy.

Love this so much. Good to hear this approach is alive and well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

2019 Cavaliers is my favorite Cavies show of all time. I was at that San Bernardino show. They were the only corps that night to receive two standing ovations. California crowds absolutely loved them. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

2019 Cavaliers is my favorite Cavies show of all time. I was at that San Bernardino show. They were the only corps that night to receive two standing ovations. California crowds absolutely loved them. 

I was there too! I volunteered that whole California leg in 2019. And yes...the "left coast" ate up the Cavaliers that whole run through California. 

• Like 1

I love everything the Cavaliers have stood for in their history. I have no doubt the members are working tirelessly and hope they are rewarded with a life changing summer regardless of placement.

I have heard one of the lead brass instructors had to depart the corps in recent days. Not sure of the details, but hope all is well for the boys.