The Cavaliers 2023

2 hours ago, larry333 said:

"BLUECOATS UPDATE: Tonight (7/28) the corps will perform a standstill concert of The Garden of Love. Several members of the corps are recovering from a 24-hour stomach virus and we are unable to perform the full program. "

Well, obviously, the Bluecoats don't practice proper hygiene either...and their leadership should resign.  😉

That’s is not something you could know. And probably wrong.

13 minutes ago, dureau said:

That was likely a dig on the poster who was accusing the Cavaliers of poor hygiene.  

It's a Norovirus...it was probably caught on the Riverwalk day off and tearing through all the corps 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dureau said:

He was responding to another poster who poorly called out the Cavaliers for having poor medical practices and no medical team. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

He was responding to another poster who poorly called out the Cavaliers for having poor medical practices and no medical team. 

I was going to respond to that ridiculous post regarding the Cavies situation but others tore into it. I once got that virus at a convention I attended and it's was not fun. It happens when you're close to people in a small confinement. It's has nothing to do with lack of leadership. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to East Tennessee Cavaliers! Beautiful mountains surround the rehearsal site and show location. Cooler weather than what we have been having too is a huge bonus for rehearsing. Really good show last night in Atlanta and congrats to the percussion section for their amazing performance.

• Like 4

I'm still dreaming of being on tour.

What's crazy is that I'm actually having dreams about being on tour. The adventures, sleeping on hard floors with a blow up mattress, passing out immediately, waking up before the marchers and then rallying them together. 

Then I wake up lol!!!

No joke, when I got back to work I was legitimately depressed. I really wish I was with them right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm still dreaming of being on tour.

What's crazy is that I'm actually having dreams about being on tour. The adventures, sleeping on hard floors with a blow up mattress, passing out immediately, waking up before the marchers and then rallying them together. 

Then I wake up lol!!!

No joke, when I got back to work I was legitimately depressed. I really wish I was with them right now.

Having volunteered for 5 years including 2 swamp tours, the 2019 California tour, and the 2021 run from Michigan through Minnesota, I really miss it, too. 

(But my 60 year old body doesn’t 😎)

saw them rehearse at lunch yesterday and then from the 50 yard line back row last night. I knew they were going to have a good run after I left rehearsal. They are gaining confidence each time out. Cadets most immediately need to watch their 6… our boys ain’t gonna stop pushing!

https://www.facebook.com/1321598963/posts/pfbid02kaXu3xpNS25GyyfLiqz2srhg9G4cUifKahVvQdnb4vQ1Zj6jRSEY247mXXkpi9Qql/?mibextid=cr9u03

• Thanks 1

I’ve been wanting to volunteer also but my GI problems keep me from doing so at 81 now. Wish I had done it 10 years ago. I love the Cavies so much. I will be at Indianapolis all 3 performance  days. And attending the pre finals Cavies party. My first. Travel back to finals since 2019 due to COVID. Can’t wait to see them in person again. 

i still think they will take 6th place. 

Edited by dureau
  • Like 2

Spent all afternoon and evening in Johnson City watching rehearsal yesterday. The guys love the cooler temps. For those who don't know, the campus of ETSU is pretty much in the mountains. Add that to a change in weather and they had a great day to be outside. The university has a full size football field "domed" stadium they were forced into because of an evening storm which hit about 7:45.

I had the pleasure of sitting right by the brass staff and was able to hear them chatting among themselves while instructing the brass from high above. It was quite interesting how they discussed things, throwing out ideas, making changes on the fly. In particular Richard Saucedo was incredible. What he sees, hears and then is able to translate to the guys on the field is amazing. The guys are very receptive and you can tell they are workng hard to improve.

Edited by Cavidad
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Cavidad said:

Spent all afternoon and evening in Johnson City watching rehearsal yesterday. The guys love the cooler temps. For those who don't know, the campus of ETSU is pretty much in the mountains. Add that to a change in weather and they had a great day to be outside. The university has a full size football field "domed" stadium they were forced into because of an evening storm which hit about 7:45.

I had the pleasure of sitting right by the brass staff and was able to hear them chatting among themselves while instructing the brass from high above. It was quite interesting how they discussed things, throwing out ideas, making changes on the fly. In particular Richard Saucedo was incredible. What he sees, hears and then is able to translate to the guys on the field is amazing. The guys are very receptive and you can tell they are workng hard to improve.

Thanks for the update. Should we expect any changes or do you think the idea is to just clean what they have? Hoping for a better ending. Still don’t understand the purpose of the props.