Madison Scouts 2023

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I am not in a union and my company is 100% on bettering employees instead of replacing them. They hired me into a position I didn't have any background in and have multiple mentors to help me learn and succeed. Best company I've ever worked for. 

Sounds like a great team! My guess was correct after all. Cheers!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Considering how many are not happy with design aspects, has me thinking.   I wonder how it could work if we had a ‘DCP- crowd designed show’.  I will file this away for discussion during the off-season.  

LOL. It would be worse.

45 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Considering how many are not happy with design aspects, has me thinking.   I wonder how it could work if we had a ‘DCP- crowd designed show’.  I will file this away for discussion during the off-season.  

I think that would follow John Madden's Football adage "if you have two quarterbacks, you have none".............Just think how many DCP quarterbacks there are.......you get my drift.

2 hours ago, DudleytheWest said:

Madison is a feeder corps now. People march there to get experience to move on and up to more competitive corps.

This hogwash that no one cares about scores or placements has to stop. It's ridiculous. Yes, it's not the #1 reason many people chose to march where they march, but no one says, "Oh, I'm fine if we don't make finals. I get the night off." No, they all want to succeed competitively.

I chose a corps that was amongst the top corps, but going there I never thought we would win. We did, and it was great. I wanted to win. We all did. We wanted to beat our rivals. It was great when we did and it sucked when we didn't. The year we won, I would have been thrilled to be 4th, ecstatic to be 3rd, over the moon to be 2nd, and disappointed AF if we were lower than 4th. 

I chose THE one corps that I idolized from my first time seeing them. They were an hour's drive from my hometown and we took 5th the year I marched with them. Had I not been given a spot with them (7 years after first seeing them), I would have stayed in my hometown corps made up of 10 to 20-year-olds. I had two other perennial Top 12 corps within a 2 1/2 hour drive, but I couldn't identify with one, and the music the other played was like sandpaper to my brain! 🙂

Edited by Gantang

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Depending on who in DCP decides, we might be using rotor/piston G bugles and beginning on the starting line. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I asked an AI art generator to show me a drum corps show what would win in 2023.

image_XPH27YmQ_1680283814230_512.webp

• Haha 1

I think it’d be entertaining as hell, but for all the wrong reasons. Like a Vanilla Ice movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1