Madison Scouts 2023

I enjoyed 78th and Madison.  Judas could have been so much more.  the heart the heart the heart the heart the heart the heart theheartheheartthehearthehearttheheartheheartthehearthehearttheheartheheart was better after you were past that part of the show.

I wasn't so wild about the Mad Max show.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Aztec Bikers of The Apocalypse. 

Music City Mystique the drum corps version

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Music City Mystique the drum corps version

I actually liked Music City's Tribe show better that year.  I still think it'd be fun to have had a "dual field" battle on a lot somewhere with Music City and Madison performing their shows facing each other with all that post-apocalyptic aggro at each other simultaneously!

13 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I actually liked Music City's Tribe show better that year.  I still think it'd be fun to have had a "dual field" battle on a lot somewhere with Music City and Madison performing their shows facing each other with all that post-apocalyptic aggro at each other simultaneously!

Both 78 & Madison’s and Last Man Standing I did not love at the start of the season.  Then they flung a bunch of rewrites and pulled it together.  78 has some sweet licks in there I think could be new classics. (Though, the current era of DCI doesn’t lend itself to full songs sadly). And last man was the “F it, let do this” season.  I appreciate all the members that year just rolling with it and going all out. Cmon, the dissonance in those charts was killer.

Edited by C.Holland

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

me too. far better. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the announcement a couple weeks ago about Scott Boerma being appointed to the brass staff, but now I don’t see him listed anywhere on the Scouts’ staff page. Is he out already? If so, wow…what a quickly revolving door they have over there! I hope it’s not the case because I’d love to see what he can add to the Scouts’ sound!!

It is interesting that they have a complete design staff listed on the web site, but no brass arranger. When I asked earlier what had happened to last year's arranger, Daniel Montoya, it was crickets. Then Boerma, whose hire seemed to have promise. This appears similar to a situation several years ago in which Brian Murphy was announced as visual designer, and was quickly gone. That was the same year they announced the appointment of a very green brass arranger, who was quickly gone, also.

I'm wondering  if this isn't part of a larger dysfunction.

Ah ok, great! Thanks for the clarification! Glad to see Scott’s involvement. Over the years, I have enjoyed his arrangements, both with Scouts and other Corps!