Bluecoats 2023

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Let the discussion begin 😈

After last year this look shouldn’t be that surprising 🤪 these are weird and cooky and bizarre and I would expect no less from them.   I love that they’re willing to not hold back and go all in on a look for a full production and commit at every level.  Excited to see them in the field and in the context of the show!  

Musically you can’t get more in the pocket for Bloo than Bon Iver, Chick Corea, and Pat Metheny.  And then you have Anna Meredith which was the source for so many of the cool musical moments in last years show and Garden of Love which feels like Taming the Dragon did last year as the thread and inspiration that ties it all together.  Feels like 2013 - 2016 mixed with 2022 in terms of repertoire.  

I am very excited.  _45_ feels like a classic Bluecoats ballad in the making.   This will be fun. 

Agreed. I'm expecting bonkers bat #### crazy but in a good way - I like that they are fully committed in their vision and have zero regrets. 

Just saw their teaser video on FB now and yea.. I'm digging their costumes!! Guard's uni is GREAT!

https://www.facebook.com/bluecoats/videos/292001709988311

Edited by Cadet Guardy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Also having seen the leaked uniform picture, shocker, these look way better in this trailer than that picture indicated.   

I'm sure they'll look great!

24 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Also having seen the leaked uniform picture, shocker, these look way better in this trailer than that picture indicated.   

I love it when a corps fully commits to a concept 

Pretty good shower going through right now. So far, no thunder. Radar shows low echo tops, which suggest low thunder potential (so far). Fingers crossed.

Although I did get to see the run through last night, so if they have to standstill I won't be completely disappointed. I'm as much here to watch my son in the Bloo Way camp anyway.

I didn't know much about William Blake, but after studying his Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Blake) he seems to be quite the compelling artistic figure...plenty of aspects ripe for a modern drum corps presentation.

And I am just thrilled they are playing "Finding and Believing" from Metheny...I wonder how much of that tune is on tap?  The entire song could be a production in itself.

Go BLOO!

• Like 2