Bluecoats 2023

I thought Bloo felt a little tentative tonight-massive show inside of a massive building maybe causing the slightest hesitation in what they were used to hearing in smaller venues? Now they know what the room feels like I anticipate a freer, looser Bloo tomorrow! I like where they are. 

• Like 2

Bloo gave me chills tonight. Well done. 

• Like 3

Congratulations Bloo on your 3rd highest Prelim score ever...behind only 2016 (a pretty good show) and 2019 (another prettty good show.)  Tonight's score was also the 8th highest score ever.  Looking forward to the next two night's as you add to the history of a great drum corps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Maleguena1988 said:

I thought Bloo felt a little tentative tonight-massive show inside of a massive building maybe causing the slightest hesitation in what they were used to hearing in smaller venues? Now they know what the room feels like I anticipate a freer, looser Bloo tomorrow! I like where they are. 

They've been in domes many times, and the MMs are quite experienced.  Being in LucasOil is a non-issue for them.

Who knows why they seemed tentative? I suppose we will see tonight if it was an isolated occurrence.

1 hour ago, 90svet said:

They've been in domes many times, and the MMs are quite experienced.  Being in LucasOil is a non-issue for them.

Who knows why they seemed tentative? I suppose we will see tonight if it was an isolated occurrence.

Didn’t seem tentative to me. But when Bloo stops thinking and just performs to the crowd, look out. I don’t see any way they don’t medal, which sucks for either Crown or Boston.

• Like 1

The gentle "45" by Bon Iver and the brashness of “Bump" by Anna Meredith.  The stark contrast.  Brilliant and GEffective.  Looking forward to seeing it again.  

• Like 4

From what I understand, and I don’t understand crap about drums, there were a couple of minor and uncharacteristic breaks that pulled the percussion score down … fix those and their score should pop back up.

• Thanks 1