ANYONE KNOW WHY DENISE BONFIGLIO FIRED TOM AUNGST?

As an outsider with no dog in this hunt, all I can say is that all these recriminations make me sad.  As a Boston supporter, I can say that we hope the Cadets can sort things out.  We need a strong drum corps foundation in the East.  With Spirit's issues,  Crown on the verge of having no director, and Cadets' current turmoil, I am concerned for eastern drum corps at present.   Hopefully things will come together for all, but some of the alumni postings from all 3 groups are cause for concern.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bob984 said:

At the beginning of the season, the corps was announced "under the directorship of Ron Lambert"......later in the season, when the corps started to achieve, it suddenly was announced "under the directorship of Ron Lambert and Denise Bonfiglio".  She is the CEO, not the director.   I am just stating facts, and people can interpret them any which way.........but my eyebrows raised when it was brought to my attention.

She inherited that ego during her performing days with 27

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Which was THE POINT I WAS MAKING = we will NOT HEAR the details, because given her corporate background SHE KNOWS BETTER than to open the .org to a lawsuit. Duh. Never said it made her Mother Teressa 

Exhibit A: Your peremptory demand of silence of someone by basically stating “I told you I was right, listen to me!”. 

I mean no ill will, and I sincerely mean that, but I’m going to call out your demeaning and egotistical tone to others each time you reply accordingly. No one here appreciates your dismissiveness or the way you speak to others at times - no one here plans to obey you. 

Lets pivot this back to drum corps dialogue now without ego and dictatorial behavior. We don’t all have to agree with one another but our disagreements and/or replies can be communicated respectfully and without fear of attack. 

Edited by Cadet Guardy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Continental said:

Yet you keep coming back. 

That personal attack honestly took longer to emerge than I thought it would.

I can sit in my presence here knowing that I've been a form of support and a model for reporting and responding to abuse in this industry. Attack away. I've already lost pretty much everything else in this space.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I can sit in my presence here knowing that I've been a form of support and a model for reporting and responding to abuse in this industry. Attack away. I've already lost pretty much everything else in this space.

Personal attack?  I have nothing else to say to you. Please find another way to respond.  I do not buy into that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Continental said:

When I read some posts on here lately, I suspect some people have already started drinking. 

I prefer to have been drinking before I start reading posts on this board. 😝

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Don't let someone get to you on here. A lot of couch warriors. I, for one, am glad you are a part of this forum. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4