ANYONE KNOW WHY DENISE BONFIGLIO FIRED TOM AUNGST?

Wow the jumping to conclusions and assumptions going on in this thread 🤪

Dennise was a VP for Metlife for decades, pretty sure she knows how HR works > knowing that it is nearly impossible to imagine a tiny bit of this termination (?) tale will be told by her or Cadets.org.

Thom was the most senior staff member, does anyone honestly think he was let go because of a member complaint about being woken up too early?

Clearly there is much more to the situation than we know - frankly NOTHING has been announced, but when they announce a new percussion team (or more) then we'll know the what, but still not the why...

And some of those commenting (2 in particular) - geez, it's just beyond... 

Edited by George Dixon
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ironlips said:

Drum Corps Action Comic dailogue:

"Something may or may not have happened."

"What?"

"We don't know, but it's bad."

"How do you know that?"

"Look at the people who are possibly involved."

"Guess that confirms it. Better get out the torches and pitchforks tonight and march across the George Washington Bridge!"

that's about right.

46 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I thought people were excited at the fact that she took over Cadets. Now she makes a decision like this and people are up in arms. Kinda wish someone would explain what happened so we understand the situation. 

maybe contact them if you wish / doubt you'll discover anything useful here

3 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Wouldn’t you think there would be some sort of formal announcement from the organization?

given the literal social media ####storm, i am sure any formal response is having every participle parsed before send is hit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Wow the jumping to conclusions and assumptions going on in this thread 🤪

Dennise was a VP for Metlife for decades, pretty sure she knows how HR works > knowing that it is nearly impossible to imagine a tiny bit of this termination (?) tale will be told by her or Cadets.org.

Thom was the most senior staff member, does anyone honestly think he was let go because of a member complaint about being woken up too early?

Clearly there is much more to the situation than we know - frankly NOTHING has been announced, but when they announce a new percussion team (or more) then we'll know the what, but still not the why...

And some of those commenting (2 in particular) - geez, it's just beyond... 

don't forget she lost a lawsuit for mismanaging a non profit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

George Dixon -  I noticed your use of question mark with the word ‘termination.’ I am not nearly as tuned in to the Cadets as you. So, I’ve been thinking about this possibility and would like your thoughts.

This situation is indeed curious following what many consider to have been a very good performance year. I’m hoping for a more innocuous development as an explanation to what happened.

There is a definite impression the Cadets are under financial strain. POSSIBLY, the staff was told everyone’s current paycheck amount needed to be substantially cut for the coming year for the Cadets to reduce their debts. Some paid personnel might well have decided not to work for less, opting to move along and find work elsewhere.

Plausible?  Such does happen all the time.

Either way, all my best to the Cadets . . . a true DCI icon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Dennise was a VP for Metlife for decades, pretty sure she knows how HR works >

Denise was also around at SCV when I marched. I have nothing remarkable to share about that except to say that she was one of many staffers who was adjacent to the obvious abuse I endured and who continues to say nothing. That alone gives me much pause here before making any assumptions, truly.

Otherwise, I'm not commenting on this situation specifically and don't have a horse in the race. I'm not trying to fan flames or jump to conclusions. I'm only attempting to contextualize and shed light on my combined experience in drum corps and similar nonprofits I've worked for.

Just because you know HR doesn't mean you automatically have your employees' best interests in mind either. It means, minimally, that you know how to navigate the power dynamics and ethical risks in a given organization. I don't know Denise or Thom or the Cadets, but knowing HR is not really a concrete argument in the 21st century. My generation and younger are making sure that is known.

Much respect. No BS. No shade.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

don't forget she lost a lawsuit for mismanaging a non profit.

OK - I'm not a financial guy, but <[begin conspiracy theory here]>  - what if she let him go so she could give herself a raise, so she could afford to pay off lawsuit damages? Ethics aside, would that be legal? <[ end conspiracy theory ]>.  

• Like 1