Be safe!

50 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Update: Roof guy came out.  Very little damage.  Decorative stuff. Said we have a very well built house built right.  Good to know. He said we’ll be fine until he can get our shingles ordered.  I’m going to have a bit of a wait for the lanai door.  Gutter guy is coming next week to replace a couple of soffits and one downspout. I’m not even bothering with the fence. I’ll put up some foliage or something back there. The landscape people are coming out next week.  That’s most of our damage.

We have power, water (not potable yet but should be by the time I get back home Saturday) and we’ll have internet service Monday. That’s it. 

Internet?  Yay.  You can get Flo.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Update: Roof guy came out.  Very little damage.  Decorative stuff. Said we have a very well built house built right.  Good to know. He said we’ll be fine until he can get our shingles ordered.  I’m going to have a bit of a wait for the lanai door.  Gutter guy is coming next week to replace a couple of soffits and one downspout. I’m not even bothering with the fence. I’ll put up some foliage or something back there. The landscape people are coming out next week.  That’s most of our damage.

We have power, water (not potable yet but should be by the time I get back home Saturday) and we’ll have internet service Monday. That’s it. 

That’s great news Terri!

Safe travels.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

What kind of report did your home inspector give you before buying the home?

That’s great news. What’s the house history?  I remember reading after Andrew that many of the houses that made it were Habitat for Humanity built because where a professional builder would put one nail, an unsure volunteer might drop three in. 

21 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

That’s great news. What’s the house history?  I remember reading after Andrew that many of the houses that made it were Habitat for Humanity built because where a professional builder would put one nail, an unsure volunteer might drop three in. 

It’s a new build.  Same builder as my house in Aurora which was a great house. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, keystone3ply said:

And those trees are about to be at their peak color! 

Ahhhh fall in my fair home state of Tennessee. The gentle color of the falling leaves, the wildlife in their preparation for the 9 days of winter we will get. The wretched stench of the mighty Tennessee river. Oak pollen...white wood mites...hippies in their seasonal migration pattern....

Yes....Tennessee

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Ahhhh fall in my fair home state of Tennessee. The gentle color of the falling leaves, the wildlife in their preparation for the 9 days of winter we will get. The wretched stench of the mighty Tennessee river. Oak pollen...white wood mites...hippies in their season migration pattern....

Yes....Tennessee

All that…AND a bag of hickory chips!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Ahhhh fall in my fair home state of Tennessee. The gentle color of the falling leaves, the wildlife in their preparation for the 9 days of winter we will get. The wretched stench of the mighty Tennessee river. Oak pollen...white wood mites...hippies in their seasonal migration pattern....

Yes....Tennessee

As an LSU grad, Tennessee is something I would rather to forget right now.  

• Haha 3