The Cadets 2023

Just finished watching the Tupelo show and I must say that the improvement was obvious...Still a lot of work to be done but I'm seeing the Cadets more clearly...They seem to move with purpose and the sound (whew) blew away an otherwise unsuspecting audience..Having seen this performance, I reaffirm my belief that their musical choices are far and away the most accessible drum corps music...Movement and marching are getting better and with some cleaning, PR may look into the rearview mirror and see CADETS closing fast..IMO...peace

• Like 6

Olympic Flags

For those asking about The Cadets props the link above will show you what I believe they represent. I think Cadets are using a somewhat non specific formation of the Olympic Flag poles that you see in Olympic villages and near the stadium venues. This loosely represents Atlas and his brothers competing with Titan and the Olympians. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Eric M. Buckman said:

LOL, if you plan on challenging someone, then please make sure you A. do your homework, B. research it for yourself.  so...

DEVS 2022

INTRO 1:43 seconds of Battery

1:43 Brass enters till 2:47. That would be nearly 1 Minute of Brass again the majority of the Crops

Drums are in at 2:47 until the Solo Alto Trumpet at 3:19 Only 30 seconds of Battery

at 3:30 seconds Brass enters  with Low/Moderate demand drill.

Low Brass enters around 3:30 and then Upper and Mid voices around 3:48

But that is 3:19 till 4:11 when dress again are in and brass out. that is almost a full minute. 

from 4:11 till 4:20. 9 seconds of drums

then brass is back in  at 4:20 till 4:51 seconds when Narrative begins for roughly 20 seconds

at 5:10 Back Field Pit and Brass, then Front Field Duet of Moon River with Full Hornline

till 7:14 Ovation from the crowd... that is nearly 2 minutes of Brass interaction

7:14 Backfield Moon River MM Low demand 

7:43 Narrative Battery Drum Feature Body Movement by Brass till 

9:13. so yeah almost 1:30 of Drum Feature 

9:13 Brass enters  Lor/Moderate Demand drill

till: 10:43 Pit 

11:07 Brass til Full Corps till ending at 12:02 roughly.  

So,  you might want to rethink your statement about their playing the least amount.  And they do it quite well when they do it.  The vehicle they have relative to their performance strategy is also completely different, but they play and complete MM in traditional Devils format.  not in 30 seconds snippets for the largest membership  with, so I stand by my argument.  Devs may not have the highest of demand drills, but the Color Guard is spot on the Battery is in the game and does their part more than adequately and is always in the hunt for a Drum Title.  And their BRASS play and play quite well, regularly within the context of the show.  out of their 12 minute performance, there is about only 3 minutes of pure drums, which cannot be said for this years Cadets iteration, which was my point about how little the Brass plays, and the amount of Body Movement  there  is without any voice from the Brass...you simply cannot do well if the single largest section of the corps is not doing what they are intended.  Might as well hide the color guard the entire show and feature them for 3 minutes.  

There are too large of chasms when Cadets Brass does. not participate in the over all arching them of Marching Music...you can dance all you want, but that has nothing to do with scores...you don't get points for simply body movement. And yes, that would mean the judging still embodies 1994 era.  Oh by the way,  6th place Madison 1994 put on the field exactly as it was, would probably out fair current 6th place in 2023...LOL

Very poor analysis: the actual numbers.

**2022 Brass:**

Bluecoats - 7:25

Blue Stars - 7:22

Phantom Regiment - 7:10

Cadets - 6:30

Cavaliers - 6:07

Blue Devils - 5:57

Carolina Crown - 5:53

Boston Crusaders - 5:48

Santa Clara Vanguard - 5:40

Mandarins - 5:38

• Haha 2

@Restless@Eric M. Buckman

I hate it when mom and dad fight... 😉

... just to be clear, I'm actually enjoying your back-and-forth... it's informative!               Proceed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DAYGO said:

The 4th movement.  Almost all new drill, choreo guard book sequence and the introduction of a certain character.  

RRRRR!!! I wanna seeee!! I'm having lots of trouble finding illegal videos online of this show.  I have the FanNetw--- I mean FloMarching but I'm busy writing drill in the evenings and missed several shows.  UGH!

Wifey and I are going to Allentown both nights, now, though... I'm so freakin' excited!!! lol

any video of Tupelo show??

56 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

any video of Tupelo show??

I found the Tupelo show on YT..had to keep looking for a bit but eventually it came up.. really good sound and the view from the stands was excellent..hope it's still up!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

I found the Tupelo show on YT..had to keep looking for a bit but eventually it came up.. really good sound and the view from the stands was excellent..hope it's still up!

Just watched it and the changes are very noticeable and indeed great! Waiting for them to add impact drill that that last 10-15 seconds. Can we get a z pull please?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Just watched it and the changes are very noticeable and indeed great! Waiting for them to add impact drill that that last 10-15 seconds. Can we get a z pull please?

Goodness where is the video hiding, I can’t find it! DM me?

30 minutes ago, arabica said:

Goodness where is the video hiding, I can’t find it! DM me?

Check your inbox

• Thanks 1