2023 DCI Rules Congress proposals at-a-glance

Lance

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They should have said that then instead of making it read like the kids are scared or intimidated by judging. Which is laughable since probably almost all of them have competed somewhere. 

Well remember their rationale for hiding recaps all season was basically saying judges they hire couldn’t be trusted to make the right call

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well remember their rationale for hiding recaps all season was basically saying judges they hire couldn’t be trusted to make the right call

There was nothing more fun than the people leaking them out and that Dave Chappelle meme: “Ya’ll got any of those recaps?” 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

There was nothing more fun than the people leaking them out and that Dave Chappelle meme: “Ya’ll got any of those recaps?” 

I won’t confirm or deny that people tied to at least a dozen corps may or may not have sent them to me or people I may or may not. I will also not confirm myself or the people I may or may not know may or may not have shared them privately or just put them on social media sites we may or may not use

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I won’t confirm or deny that people tied to at least a dozen corps may or may not have sent them to me or people I may or may not. I will also not confirm myself or the people I may or may not know may or may not have shared them privately or just put them on social media sites we may or may not use

I don’t even know who was sending them to me. Mystery people LOLOL 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t even know who was sending them to me. Mystery people LOLOL 

I had 3 handed to me in Allentown. No idea who they were though

• Haha 1

My votes:

#1. Yes

#2. No

#3. Yes

#4. No

#5. Yes

#6. Yes

(Perhaps a poll savvy poster could post individual Yes/No polls for each proposal?) 

Edited by denverjohn
additional comment
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

HMMMMM Now DUDE! what does that tell you......lol...JK

Happy Holidays JeffHave A Rockin' Christmas Santa Drumming Drummer Drums" Greeting Card for  Sale by doodlerob | Redbubble

Edited by GUARDLING

So if shows are reduced in length by, say 30% (11-1/2m to 8 m) will ticket prices be reduced by 30%?  Will corps show fee for placements be reduced by 30%?  Will times that brass/percussion is simultaneously engaged (remember complaints that brass wasn’t playing much for some corps) be reduced by 30%? That might mean if a corps’ brass played for 6 minutes, they’d now only play for about 4m, 15 ish seconds? 
What is the reason, real reason, to shorten shows.  This seems truly like a “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”!

There are many many other things to fix in my opinion and we read about it all the time here, maybe the focus should be elsewhere, instead of on the personal wants of a small group within the activity. How about limiting prop use and spending, student costs, student health, abuses large and small, emotional and physical, instructor and staff vetting,  discipline of bad behaviors of students and staff.  Overall cleanup of bad actors.  Put in safeguards to truly improve a members experience, wherever they have the opportunity to perform.

Or just continue to ignore that and worry about show length and pre-competition evaluations. Do your own evaluations for cripe sake.  Isn’t that what your design staff gets paid for?  And reduce competitions by 30% too to do evaluations?  
There are bigger fish to fry!
Thank you for indulging this.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

HMMMMM Now DUDE! what does that tell you......lol...JK

Happy Holidays JeffHave A Rockin' Christmas Santa Drumming Drummer Drums" Greeting Card for  Sale by doodlerob | Redbubble

thanks Dude you too!

( i will not confirm or deny Guardling did or did not give me recaps in 2016)

• Haha 2