I was the Board Treasure for SCV for 6 years

15 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Being a total novice here with this stuff... does this mean the Cavies might be the next candidate to turn out the lights,  for at least a while? 

3 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Doesn't Rosemont give them a LOT of money though?

I would think that $ from city would be included in assets.  I agree w/ Fran that based on data given, Cavies look to be in a precarious spot.  

On 1/17/2023 at 4:54 PM, Richard Lesher said:

POST REMOVED PENDING CONERSATION WITH SCV REPRESNATIVES.

I will copy and paste it back when/if appropriate. 

On 1/17/2023 at 4:54 PM, Richard Lesher said:

POST REMOVED PENDING CONERSATION WITH SCV REPRESNATIVES.

I will copy and paste it back when/if appropriate. 

So the post @Richard Lesher removed was a reply dealing with gaming regulations?  Was he asked to remove the reply by the VMAPA organization or did he removed on his own?  Just curious... 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Thanks re info on Cavies folks, but can that convo move to its own thread if it needs to continue? ❤️💚

No need for it's own thread, IMHO.  It shouldn't have been a conversation to begin with, if all the current facts had been known.  Now that they are, I think highlighting it with it's own thread would be counterproductive to the Cavaliers.
Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I would think that $ from city would be included in assets. 

Disclaimer: NOT AN ACCOUNTANT

Comment: I think you can include something among your assets only if you own it already -- or if its a receivable (money owed to you for a product sold, for example). Otherwise, I'm not confident that you could include any kind of hoped-for funding from the city among your assets. Unless the Cavies have some kind of contractual agreement with Rosemont guaranteeing the delivery of X dollars on Y date, the corps would not include it on the asset side of the balance sheet.

But, again: NOT AN ACCOUNTANT

14 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Disclaimer: NOT AN ACCOUNTANT

Comment: I think you can include something among your assets only if you own it already -- or if its a receivable (money owed to you for a product sold, for example). Otherwise, I'm not confident that you could include any kind of hoped-for funding from the city among your assets. Unless the Cavies have some kind of contractual agreement with Rosemont guaranteeing the delivery of X dollars on Y date, the corps would not include it on the asset side of the balance sheet.

But, again: NOT AN ACCOUNTANT

There is a three-year contract that has been renewed multiple, multiple times since the early 1980s.  Some of the funds are restricted (a new bus or food truck) but most are for operational expenses and/or touring expenses.  

P.S. I'm trying to let this conversation die out of respect for the OP wanting to talk about Santa Clara Vanguard issues.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1