I was the Board Treasure for SCV for 6 years

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Will need an EV-truck pulling a flatbed w/ dozen diesel generators to charge everything overnight.

I wonder how long it would take to get to Indy.....

11 minutes ago, contraguard05 said:

Did they say who this third party was? It wasn't named anything like APAMV was it?

🤣😭😞

If they said a name, I didn't catch it in my notes. Point very well made and taken. They also said it's best np practice not to publicize audits and line item, internal budgets.

There is a company listed on the paperwork before their 990s, on the website. Not the same right?

I'm loling at @IllianaLancerContra :

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b7hq76haqu3qn23hjhc

• Like 1

A corps rich in tradition! A corps that year after year were top 10 in all of drum corps, winning it a few times since 1973. A corps that set the bar on traveling every summer and being successful. All of a sudden can't make it work? Add the allegations! Hmmmm more to this story maybe?

57 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

There is a company listed on the paperwork before their 990s, on the website. Not the same right?

Commonly the same firm who prepares the outside audit prepares the 990s. But the audit itself is considered an internal document for the BOD to reference, as well as (occasionally) a document to provide funders as part of a grant application. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

I'm not familiar w/ Charity Navigator, so I don't know their system. But if you score 80 out of a possible 80, that would mean there are zero "missing" points, no? 80 out of 80 = 100%

It's a total score of 100.  They hit 80 out of 80 until they got to the independent audit.  They got 0 out of 20 there.

3 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Looking over my notes from the alum meeting...

They stated that they conduct a yearly third party audit, which they don't publish.

Which might be the reason CN gave them zero points.  What good is an independent audit if no one sees it besides the people paid to do it and the people covering up the problems?

• Thanks 1