Troopers 2023

8 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

As a Hawthorne alumnus, I must say that those new Trooper hats are very appealing.

Maybe by Indy they'll add the tassles.

In my day, the Troopers wore the rolled-up brim, which to my eye took 2 years of age off the look of the corps. I prefer the flat-to-down caballero look. 

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Air quality looks terrible.  

It's terrible down here in Bloomington, Indiana, so I can't imagine how bad it is up there.

Great show, brass sounds a little raw, but the show is great.

Guard has a ton of work out there.

Probably 10 - 12.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

I love love love the harmonica feature. 

This show really has some meat on it. I think once it’s refined, there will be some very impactful moments. I really love the brass book, and I think the players are sounding great for this time of year. The guard seems to be the weakest element, so hopefully they can get it up to snuff. It’s so exciting to see a corps make big competitive strides, and I think this show and corps could really see success this year. I can’t wait to see it live in SA! 

many cool things with tons of potential. now...if they can make that surge they made the last 3 weeks last year happen again...look out

All I know is they’re going to do a sunburst at the end of the show and when they do I’m going to throw many babies in Indy. I’m a sucker for a good powerful sunburst. 

2 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

All I know is they’re going to do a sunburst at the end of the show and when they do I’m going to throw many babies in Indy. I’m a sucker for a good powerful sunburst. 

Yeah.  I fully expect that as well.  That was not the final ending.  If ever there was a show that called for a sunburst drill.....

11 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

That prop is mesmerizing.  I want it for my patio the same way i wanted that orange thing Crown had last year.

Ads for the backyard versions of that pop up on FB all the time. Amazon has a ton of 'em. I would imagine someone at Troop saw that and the gears starting turning in their head