Vanguard CEO resigns

19 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

YW. But to be clear, I don't love this term being used in this context. I don't think it accurately describes Vanguard's current situation, especially when many people are burning the candle at both ends to bring em back and keep it sustainable. 

People that do want to describe it that way are angry and I get it. But I won't add to it unless member safety is at risk. ☂️

I have no intention of using it in the context of SCV.  But the next faculty meeting, on the other hand...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I have no intention of using it in the context of SCV.  But the next faculty meeting, on the other hand...

Great minds plan alike. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

The combo of Lagola, Sage, and James made that design pretty gentle on the eyes. It's a tough ask to build a color scheme around those Christmas uniforms but they knocked it outta the park. James's choreography definitely stands the test of time and was a big reason why I became a professional dancer.

Yes, heard.

Sometimes I like to bring an umbrella to the #### storm rather than more laxatives. I never stopped anyone from criticizing anything (except me personally), fundraiser included. Not pointing out a storm isn't the same as stopping others from commenting on it. The fundraiser is very public so anyone could've brought it up.

Funny, I'm kinda into expressing critical views, even forcefully if needed. But I can't in good faith facilitate every storm cause that would make me a troll... and more importantly, it would degrade the trust of other alum that I've so painstakingly nurtured.

So I have to prioritize specific storms. 🤷🏽‍♀️

when Spirit's story broke their social media team brought a taco bell 12 pack and 2 six packs of Keystone Light to their #### storm

• Sad 1

I debated responding to this, I don't know what is going on with SCV, at all.  But I have seen my name dragged through the mud here by a few, basically saying that my involvement with SCV would somehow harm the organization at this point.  At a time, when SCV has no corps on the field, and none in the foreseeable future.

Drum corps aside, I suggest that it is a mistake to professionally judge me on the basis of the Renegades music selection in 2006, or your personal experience in the corps. Or on the basis of interactions on DCP when you have only met me in person once.   

Since my time in Renegades, which ended over a decade ago, I have grown a great deal, and accomplished much, including raising millions of dollars for projects and producing movies in Italy and Japan.  I am currently legal counsel in various capacities for three DCI corps, all of which are doing well, and none of which I talk about.  

So, throw rocks at me if you must.  Air your grievances from 1995 or 2008 or whatever.  But that rock throwing is the same angry hostile culture that got SCV in this position in the first place.  And unless and until that culture changes, you will not see that corps on the field again.

Lee Rudnicki 

• Like 2

Just curious as so many groups are closing in on an off season wrap in prep for ST, meaning groups are progressing.  Is SCV progressing?  The ED resigned but stayed on until March 17, to ensure a smooth transition.  That would tend to mean there would be a transition.  Has there been any movement toward resolving the financial mess?  Moving toward 2024?  A new ED?  A revamped BOD?  New enforceable codes of conduct for anyone associated with SCV in any capacity: financial, instructional, health ?

The quiet would lend itself to rumor and innuendo and thoughts that we have seen the last of SCV.  That would be a shame.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 4:10 PM, drumlaw80 said:

But that rock throwing is the same angry hostile culture that got SCV in this position in the first place.  And unless and until that culture changes, you will not see that corps on the field again.

This reminds of one of @Richard Lesher 's first posts mentioning censorship.

When alum cannot differentiate between trolls/haters and those qualified professionals bringing up legit concerns, you're gonna have a bad time.

• Thanks 2