Vanguard CEO resigns

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

No they won’t.  
But they should. Once financial situation has stabilized (if it does) they need to build local support that is beyond the bingo hall.  And that is called the Vanguard Cadets.   Once and if they get the organization on solid foundation, then, and only then,  bring back the A Corps.  
My fear is that for 2024 they will scrape together finances and hold them together with duct tape and zip ties while the foundation further erodes.  And next time it fails they won’t be coming back. 

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think the leadership has adequately recognized the hole they have dug themselves into in regards to local sentiment. I speak with people who are teaching in the bay area now and the general consensus is to send students to Mandarins if they don't make it into BD. If Mandarins exceeds their expectations this year, I anticipate that trend to continue. It's a solid organization without the baggage that SCV will have next year. 

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

No they won’t.  
But they should. Once financial situation has stabilized (if it does) they need to build local support that is beyond the bingo hall.  And that is called the Vanguard Cadets.   Once and if they get the organization on solid foundation, then, and only then,  bring back the A Corps.  
My fear is that for 2024 they will scrape together finances and hold them together with duct tape and zip ties while the foundation further erodes.  And next time it fails they won’t be coming back. 

This was what Magic was forced to do.  Was it not?  Come back as a (then Div 2) Open corps and then be allowed into World class after a successful season.  

A slap in the face to anyone who's has to go through the process.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i believe the allure of the name and staff would probably get enough talent to come

IF they can afford the staff. Just because the debt is almost fully paid back doesn't necessarily mean that they will have the funds to field a corps. They need to worry about their finances before they worry about making it to the field. All publicity is good publicity, until you can't find good publicity anymore and I fear that the days of SCV being in good standing might be behind them after the shenanigans they've pulled recently. The foundation is beyond repair at this point in my opinion, and it's only further downhill from here even if they are able to field a corps in 2024.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MarimbaManiac said:

If Mandarins exceeds their expectations this year, I anticipate that trend to continue. It's a solid organization without the baggage that SCV will have next year. 

It is also headed by SCV’s former ED who (IMO) was unjustly let go by the BOD….karma. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This was what Magic was forced to do.  Was it not?  Come back as a (then Div 2) Open corps and then be allowed into World class after a successful season.  

Yeah, but that was also 25 years ago.  They've changed their rules quite a bit since then.

Mike

24 minutes ago, TRacer said:

It is also headed by SCV’s former ED who (IMO) was unjustly let go by the BOD….karma. 

Exactly. Mandarins were 10th last year, if they move up to say...8th or 7th, why wouldn't they become the de facto option for California talent that isn't going to BD? This might be what's needed to push the Mandarins into the top tier, leaving SCV out in the cold when they finally pull it together. 

There isn't going to be a quick recovery here, no matter what the organization is trying to project. In order to really come back they are going to need to build a local base and strengthen their foundation. 

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Ain't that the truth.

Mike

its all BS.  

move them back to Open and let them have to do what put Shadow, Legends, and the rest into hardships. 

5 hours ago, C.Holland said:

How many years was Magic on hiatus?  I vaguely remember reading some where that a corps doing more than one season of pause has to come back through Open but one just one season they can come back right into World