Per the California Attorney General Vanguard is operating illegally as a non profit

23 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

As a Niners fan, fine by me. Lol.

may the ghost of Eddie's gambling habits come back to life

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

may the ghost of Eddie's gambling habits come back to life

Can I use Eddie's ghost to run over Ezekial Elliott if he tries to play Center again?

Too soon?

LMAO!

Love ya Jeff!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I don't see the parallel to those Trojan luminaries/USC Football and the Santa Clara Vanguard situation, but I do in the Anaheim Kingsmen.

Fight On!  

Oh come on!  Rampant cheating, illegal payments, purposely bypassing the rules, and before they get caught and have to pay the penalty, the person in charge bails to go somewhere else.  You can't honestly sit there and tell me the two situations aren't more alike than they are dissimilar.

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Can I use Eddie's ghost to run over Ezekial Elliott if he tries to play Center again?

Too soon?

LMAO!

Love ya Jeff!

The person responsible for that atrocity has moved on, thank God. Zeke too. (And not soon enough.) Now, if only we could get rid of Jerry. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, year1buick said:

The person responsible for that atrocity has moved on, thank God. Zeke too. (And not soon enough.) Now, if only we could get rid of Jerry. 

Yea not sure what you guys were trying to accomplish on that play. But us Niners fans will take it!

1 hour ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Oh come on!  Rampant cheating, illegal payments, purposely bypassing the rules, and before they get caught and have to pay the penalty, the person in charge bails to go somewhere else.  You can't honestly sit there and tell me the two situations aren't more alike than they are dissimilar.

Reggie Bush accepted payments from a wanna-be agent, and his parents free rent on a condo in San Diego.  Matt Leinart had nothing to do with it & Pete Carroll was always going to return to the NFL where he's been for the past 13 years.  You're unqualified to tell me what I can "honestly" have an opinion on.

Right now I don't see any evidence of Santa Clara's "rampant cheating", "illegal payments", and "purposely bypassing the rules" (your words).  They haven't submitting required audits, that's true, but I'm willing to give an icon corps a chance to explain why and make good before completely vilifying them as you do.  

This is a Drum Corps message board.  If you want to argue more about my alma mater, meet over at fighton.com (I'm OCGreg).

On 4/16/2023 at 2:09 PM, resipsaloquitur said:

I supposed the distinction being made here is that being delinquent is the legal state of being, and by law you are not supposed to solicit donations. Being under enforcement for being delinquent is another. You can not have car insurance and still drive a car, until you get into an accident and you are caught and action is taken to enforce it against you (while the rest of us pay up for uninsured motorist coverage).

I appreciate this distinction and the apt metaphor. Thank you, I'm sorry I missed your comment.

We all can understand how risky it is (for everyone on the road) to drive without insurance. I live rural and see it all the time.

Meanwhile, I'm super curious about the timing between the first delinquency letter and the start of the Texas Affiliate.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
clarifying punctuation

When this all shakes out, I would be interested in seeing if Mr. Lesher would be willing to give his thoughts and impressions, from behind the scenes at SCV, of the initial G7 "issue" from 2010, and subsequent attempted power grab of the "7" in 2012.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Too soon?

LMAO!

Love ya Jeff!

hey kellen Moore got fired for a reason. Weill several, but that was the final nail.