Mandarins 2023

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

One of the Mandarins buses broke down last night on their way from Sacramento to SoCal. The corps was stuck in Fresno for several hours. Got a text from my son that they finally arrived at their housing site (Moreno Valley High School) at 3:45am PDT.

Plus the city of Moreno Valley had a fire that burned about 12 acres yesterday around two miles from the school. Hopefully air quality won't be an issue as they prep for tonite. 

Heading over to the school around 1130am to see them. 

Godspeed 

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

One of the Mandarins buses broke down last night on their way from Sacramento to SoCal. The corps was stuck in Fresno for several hours. Got a text from my son that they finally arrived at their housing site (Moreno Valley High School) at 3:45am PDT.

Plus the city of Moreno Valley had a fire that burned about 12 acres yesterday around two miles from the school. Hopefully air quality won't be an issue as they prep for tonite. 

Heading over to the school around 1130am to see them. 

Man, hope they are rested.  But at least it's early in the season.  I am sure the leadership will make sure they are doing well!  Looking forward to seeing them tonight!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spacewill said:

Man, hope they are rested.  But at least it's early in the season.  I am sure the leadership will make sure they are doing well!  Looking forward to seeing them tonight!

My son is on the percussion staff…. he says everyone is rested and in good spirits! Go Manadarins! Their show is amazing!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

My son is on the percussion staff…. he says everyone is rested and in good spirits! Go Manadarins! Their show is amazing!

Awesome!  The lead percussion director for mandarins teaches at our son's high school.  He is incredible!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Awesome!  The lead percussion director for mandarins teaches at our son's high school.  He is incredible!

I agree!! 

• Like 1

Chief,

always appreciated the talent in Mandarins over the years, but never really emotionally connected. This year is so different. I pretty much love everything about them, from their music choices to the unis!  You and your wife must be bursting with pride. One question:  how do you watch the whole unit when your eye keeps looking for your son?

this show should stack up well against everyone else. 

• Like 5