Mandarins 2023

6 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Sinnerman is a VERY "new mandarins" show too.  I can't imagine another corps quite pulling this off.  (by that I mean the vibe and style to the corps,  not talent wise).  Maybe Bloo ala the Session 44 era but not current Bloo, it just wouldn't be the right vibe.

Very much agree with this. I can't see this show "fitting" on another corps, if that makes sense. This is so uniquely Mandarins and feels like another step in their evolution as a corps. Others say how they feel corps like Bloo or BD have such a unique voice in the activity because of what they do, but I'm starting to feel just as much that I can hear a show and KNOW it's the Mandarins. They feel like such a unique voice in the activity and this show is one I'll find myself listening to on repeat driving to work - such a great show.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Musicman1084 said:

Very much agree with this. I can't see this show "fitting" on another corps, if that makes sense. This is so uniquely Mandarins and feels like another step in their evolution as a corps. Others say how they feel corps like Bloo or BD have such a unique voice in the activity because of what they do, but I'm starting to feel just as much that I can hear a show and KNOW it's the Mandarins. They feel like such a unique voice in the activity and this show is one I'll find myself listening to on repeat driving to work - such a great show.

If Bluecoats had had the guts in 2017, maybe Jagged Line could have turned into this. Top-notch creativity and vision, realized by the talent, work, and belief of the MMs - Sinnerman is a classic, and Mandarins are a new destination corps.

• Like 2

Went to Stanford to see them this year... just WOW.

They have come so far from the first time I saw them in 2006 (I think?).  Their show just oozes bad@$$ery (or it could just be the fedoras).  And I absolutely LOVE the uniforms. They had a few fedora issues but perhaps it was a bit windy on the field and I'm sure they'll perfect it as the season progresses.

I just enjoyed this show from top to bottom.  Their color scheme just really pops ugh... just so good.  Fav show of the night for sure.

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

We have to talk more about Mandarins! As special as they became in the last 4 competitive seasons (having been special before that as well!), they have jumped up a tier design, talent, energy, and performance-wise. I think there is a shot they could get into a battle with PR this year, and if that happens, the fans are definitely the winners!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

What's a girl stuck in the desert gotta do to snag a pair of those Mandarins chopsticks I've heard about? 🥢

https://shop.mandarins.org/collections/accessories/products/new-chopsticks

Fair warning: I *think* during the summer when they’re on tour, it sometimes takes a little longer than usual for items ordered online to ship out. 

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 1

Last show tonight in California.

Let's crack 80.

Hit the road, start heading east, proving the doubters wrong, making the trolls look stupid, city by city, state by state. 

LFG MANDARINS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, brassboy said:

https://shop.mandarins.org/collections/accessories/products/new-chopsticks

Fair warning: I *think* during the summer when they’re on tour, it sometimes takes a little longer than usual for items ordered online to ship out. 

Oh....they should have totally gone with some black and red Sinnerman versions of them.

• Like 2