Midwest Premiere

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Those of you who are wired into the performing Corps or DCI decision making, when should we expect a go-no go decision?

Likely 5e or later, I have been told Cavies have pulled out already, but have not heard anything regarding anyone beyond them. Would not be surprised to see the show pushed forward without them, but additionally wouldn't be surprised to see it called out and trying it again in Munice on Friday.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SaturdayNightLights said:

Likely 5e or later, I have been told Cavies have pulled out already, but have not heard anything regarding anyone beyond them. Would not be surprised to see the show pushed forward without them, but additionally wouldn't be surprised to see it called out and trying it again in Munice on Friday.

My son is in the COLTS, he talked to me an hour ago and had heard that the Caviliers might drop out, but other than that nothing more.  They were getting ready to perform.  He did say as far as he heard that the Colts were the only Corp to do an all day outside practice yesterday the others did limited practice.  Take all that with a grain of salt.  

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

What would be the point of cancelling a show if the corps are still practicing? (assuming they are practicing sufficiently close to the show sight with similar air quality values)

I had that same thought, but kept it to myself!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

What would be the point of cancelling a show if the corps are still practicing? (assuming they are practicing sufficiently close to the show sight with similar air quality values)

They're preparing just in case. But just warming up in a block in a shaded, enclosed area is different than the performing a physically demanding 11 minute show. You can walk in poor air quality, but you certainly won't want to run in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PeterGibbons said:

Well, about to jump in the car to drive to the show. Hope is still happens, but of course health of the marching members is most important. 

If you can,  Please keep us posted with news/ updates.   😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

They're preparing just in case. But just warming up in a block in a shaded, enclosed area is different than the performing a physically demanding 11 minute show. You can walk in poor air quality, but you certainly won't want to run in it.

Could they do standstill’s tonight? 

I  think that is an under utilized option when shows have weather issues and other concerns

Edited by Triple Forte

12 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Could they do standstill’s tonight? 

I  think that is an under utilized option when shows have weather issues and other concerns

If they cancel for air quality reasons this is just as much for the fans as the corps. If it is canceled I am sure everyone hits the road home or to the next show site. 

• Like 1