Midwest Premiere

1 minute ago, NavyCrusader1 said:

Checking in on the show from an Alicia Keys concert… The addiction is real!! 😄

DCI: I just want you close, where you can stay forever

Playing catch up here and howdy to all. I really love the Troopers show and I think they have a chance at the Top 10. Credit to the staff and members for pushing the limits. Look forward to seeing this show evolving and improving. Great start to their season.

• Like 1

I really dug this show more than I thought I would up until the ending tag with Dvorak, that just seemed like an added "Oh hey, we need to playing Coming Home" afterthought. I still feel like Colts will miss, but I won't be upset if this show sneaks in either. 

Excellent first shows by Troopers and Colts. I like them both. I think Colts have a more difficult visual package. Both horn books are solid but I would give Colts a lead for now. Soloists were great for both corps. That trumpet soloist for Troopers was insanely good. Same with Colts trumpet and euphonium duet. Nice playing. 

Colts brass projects a little better, though sloppy at times with plenty of stick-outs, but that is typical for early season. Both percussion sections were excellent but I think Troopers book works better with the music and Colts gets a little rough with the brass book. Both will be adjusted as needed. I am not a good judge of guard. In GE I would have Colts up a little since I think they stage their big moments a little better with the music. Troopers need to focus their big impacts a bit more and eventually I think they will bring more volume. So for now I would have Colts up on Troopers, but in the end both shows are potential top 12 shows (to be fair to the others until I see them). And both are fun. Troopers definitely have the best prop. I am not sure what to make of the Colts props just yet but musically and visually I enjoyed their show. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

Colts had technical issues. Their voice overs weren’t working tonight. But that show has serious legs!!!! 

After seeing the opening dance number that was my thought.....good on her to push through

2 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Talented Colts guard and pretty darn clean. I liked the guard design. Interns of the corps, Troopers will knock them down in a month, IMO - stronger bones with an emotional connection. So yea, I enjoyed the guard tho 🤷🏻‍♂️

Colts guard clearly well-trained.  Visual could be a stumbling block for Troop.  Design-wise Colts show seems better put together (esp. when the voice-overs are actually working).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, karuna said:

Colts guard clearly well-trained.  Visual could be a stumbling block for Troop.  Design-wise Colts show seems better put together (esp. when the voice-overs are actually working).

Maybe it's because it's the first time I watched the colts show and was trying to absorb everything but I didn't feel the design was clear and the visuals that much more overwhelming than the troop.  But I've had a chance to see troop twice so I could focus more.  That red on green and all props red is killing my eyes though.  Wish there was a slight better contrast.  I'll enjoy seeing it with voiceovers, maybe that will be the missing piece for some of it.

• Like 1