Midwest Premiere

23 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I don’t think anyone who watch the show tonight thought for a second that they were going to be a threat to BD. I saw talk of pushing for top five or six, but not challenge for a ring. 

I agree, and was thinking of the same thing as well.. This long assessment/ review of the Blue Devils was better served to be on the Blue Devils thread below, not on a show thread with Corps from the midwest on a show in the midwest.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, regimentlvr said:

Troopers 2nd in GE my goodness 

Not a chance.  should have been a point lower. Maybe more.....

13 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Idk I think everything is set in stone. None of these groups went on to beat a group they lost to last June. 

and things change all summer. early on last year no one pictured Troop and Colts in finals

21 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

Not a chance.  should have been a point lower. Maybe more.....

Not sure what sheets everyone is reading. Troop was 3rd in GE. Second on one judge's sheet, fourth on the other's, and 3rd overall. Had Troop been scored 1 point lower, they would have tied Colts in GE

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

didn’t realize they were in Michigan

That's why there was all that Blue smoke in Michigan...

Edited by jjeffeory

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

I agree, and was thinking of the same thing as well.. This long assessment/ review of the Blue Devils was better served to be on the Blue Devils thread below, not on a show thread with Corps from the midwest on a show in the midwest.

I placed it here because the show threads are the most relevant once the season starts.   If people have actually spent the time and gas to watch a corps pre season,  I would like to hear about it and this is most common place where people are paying attention now.  This is the quickest way to build a picture of how the season is shaping up,  rather than look thru 43 other threads where a lot of the info is months old. There are also discussions of weather in other states and alcoholic drinks in this thread.  Should those not be here also because they are not about a midwest show?

Phantom's visual design is a huge step up from last year. Music is great too. Maybe update the closer so that it rivals last years in energy.

Blue Stars were great too. Very literal show theme. Dense and challenging content and I like the color change although I hope the green stands out enough.

Troopers I enjoyed and seem like solid finalists to me.

Didn't really get Colts. The amount of red seems like a detriment - almost horror like.

Cavies have a lot of competition ahead of them in PR and BS.