When does it end with SCV??????

11 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Okay, I looked for where anyone blames SCV for what happened at WGI retreat.  Here are all the examples:

To be fair, just look at the thread title.

• Thanks 5

On 6/6/2023 at 6:47 PM, Lead said:

1998 retreat in somewhere, Midwest:

Glassmen Horn Sergeant A.F.: "GLASSMEN HORNLINE - HORNS DOWN IN 4... 1, 2, ready, move... 1-2-3-4!"

Cavaliers (next to us) Horn Sergeant: "CAVALIERS HORNLINE - HORNS DOWN IN 64... 1, 2, ready, move... 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-190-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45-46-47-48-49-50-51-52-53-54-55-56-57-58-59-60-61-62-63-64"

Bluecoats Horn Sargent at '95 Finals - "BLUECOATS HORNLINE - HORNS DOWN IN PI...1, 2, READY MOVE...1-2-3 .14!!!"

8 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

The only thing that would make all this stuff worse is if one of you on the inside said it was bad under Gail too. Because back in the day the class and excellence of SCV seemed second to none. That run they had in the 80s of what, four second place finishes in a row, then finally breaking through in 89, they were just soooo good. Now this. If they need to cut out the cancer to save the patient the do it. Like Cadets did. I also note there is a small number of apologists here. I remember Hop had his apologists too so that happens. 

Everyone here would be gobsmacked at the span of years marched by the reporters who've disclosed to me. This is not something they've given me consent to disclose tho. None of them. 

May also be surprised that even some of our crowd favorites stemmed from seasons that featured abuse, neglect, harassment, etc...

... allegedly. I'm sure Vanguard isn't alone in this.

But I can't realistically investigate or validate. Only Vanguard can do that... but few of the reporters have decided to step forward for their own reasons. And I've already reported VMAPA for a broken whistleblower system, so I really hope they improve.

04 should be enough of an example to stir everyone but apparently it's not. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I'd like to think that alum pushing through these unreasonable challenges to give y'all those excellent performances would mean something to the community too. GR rolling in his grave? I care waaaaay more about the alum that were harmed like me, what they think and feel, and whether they feel reconciled with it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

That's on y'all if you think this is a  witch hunt. It doesn't help the situation at all though. Why is no one asking what is making alum so upset? Because it's easier, momentarily, for everyone's peace of mind, to dismiss us.

And if OP or others are out for blood then there's nothing I can do about it, despite trying since finals in 04. This is not my way, so I differentiated my intentions and I won't be lumped in willingly.

No one wants to know what it would be like if I were approaching Vanguard with that kind of nasty intention. I've had kid gloves on and the patience of a saint since I first contacted Vanguard leadership 2 years ago. So have many of the reporters I've spoken to.

Those are great questions for WGI.

witch hunt may be the wrong word choice. i do believe personal vendettas do cloud some posted statements however, especially in this case.

SCV deserves a lot of #### for their issues. Infinity's issue isn't SCV's issue.

15 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Okay, I looked for where anyone blames SCV for what happened at WGI retreat.  Here are all the examples:

the leadership of Inifinity not what the kids did. don't get all brasso picking nits

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

witch hunt may be the wrong word choice. i do believe personal vendettas do cloud some posted statements however, especially in this case.

If the community knew the state this org and activity left some of my fellow alum in, this angry sentiment might better understood, if not forgiven. For example, perhaps you'll recall that one alum reported to me that they developed a Rx drug addiction on tour from the pain of marching. The possibility of that happening again during the opioid crisis is COMPLETELY unacceptable to me. Am I supposed to be nice about any of that?

Reamy, I'm practically Spider-Punk in this situation. I don't do vengeance. I do however help lend power and voice to folks like me that the org apparatus has tried to silence over the decades, if they want it. If that's perceived as vengeance then we have really big problems. Sadly,  this seems to be the stance too many of my fellow alum have taken.

But again, I have less than no control over the others. Few of them seem even know I exist, let alone want to listen to me.

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

SCV deserves a lot of #### for their issues. Infinity's issue isn't SCV's issue.

We're not likely to agree on this. Suffice to say that the thing they have in common is a staffer. One like many other staffers in the activity, that struggle to integrate the robust safeguarding practices so desperately needed. And the result of lax safeguarding has been reports that range in severity from:

SCV, Cadets, Pioneer, Phantom, Cavies, BD..........etc.... and those are the ones only fairly commonly known. What about the others too impacted to speak up?

This is not a personal attack on her. If anything I'm extending grace to her by saying she's not alone in this issue... especially if, as you said, WGI didn't have protocol for intervening earlier in the event. It's just further possible evidence that the pageantry arts as a whole must do better to protect the young people they claim to serve.

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

To be fair, just look at the thread title.

To be fair, I think the OP is saying something akin to "why does SCV continue to hire people like this?" not "I am blaming a DCI corps for something an unrelated organization did."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, kdaddy said:

To be fair, I think the OP is saying something akin to "why does SCV continue to hire people like this?" not "I am blaming a DCI corps for something an unrelated organization did."

Possibly. As there was no text at all in the OP’s post, the meaning is open to interpretation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Possibly. As there was no text at all in the OP’s post, the meaning is open to interpretation.

It's weird when mods appear to agree with trolls. Or am I misinterpreting you?

I don't like non-alum questioning alum motives when very few of you anons out there have the info to justify your comments. If some of you do, then tell us where we're wrong with facts.

Or why not ask good faith questions of those with more info than you that go somewhere instead of nitpicking how the info was presented? Why are those of us trying to shed light cast as the bad guys out for blood? We can talk to our own corps if we want that treatment.

I'm guessing most naysayers here simply don't like what they're reading; want to protect the weakened image of a beloved corps from its own qualified professional alum; and will therefore readily attempt to discredit those who presented info in a way they don't like. If it's not me, it's the next alum that comes along with info that's difficult to read. And it's not like there's a manual for this situation we can follow.

That's pretty crummy if that's what's going on. I welcome legit correction if I've misinterpreted though.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typo
  • Like 1

You’d have to apply a special kind of logic to actually think the OP is blaming SCV for what Infinity did, versus blaming SCV for continuing to employ as a staff member a person in leadership position at Infinity who seemingly failed to prevent the actions or stop them once in progress.  But nitpicking words to twist meaning is done all the time. 

• Like 2