DCI Central Indiana 2023

16 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I feel this crown show has soooo much upside and things they can do to it unlike last year.  As it is they don't even have their full closer on the field (that's what I assume).  I think they will be a huge contender for the win this year if they continue to tweak and clean.  Exciting to think that as most of us coming into the season was thinking 3 to 5th place.

I picked them to finish between 2-4, 4 being their absolute floor, so I was slightly more optimistic for them haha

• Like 1

Just now, lawdn said:

I take you very seriously - didn’t mean to come across as flip. I need more reads on Crown’s show, and I will probably always look at it through the lens of what take do they have on the Arthur story, which will be supremely unhelpful in assessing it as a drum corps show. So I am paying attention when you and lots of other smart folks are calling this show a potential monster and trying to catch up on what I am missing. I am all in for a 4-way battle for gold! I love BD but they need to be pushed.

You weren’t flip at all! 

re the Arthur connection, I think what they’re doing has a story for sure, but the bigger thing is mood and attitude, and it feels like every nook of that show’s design is engineered to make those kids feel like taking swords to everyone’s throats, and the kids are absolutely feeling it. Like I’m holding my neck right now it’s crazy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I picked them to finish between 2-4, 4 being their absolute floor, so I was slightly more optimistic for them haha

Yeah, true.  Most said 3 to 5 expecting an upset of Cadets breaking top 4 and beating them.  Could still happen, but if Crown finishes 5th this year with that product (assuming they continue to tweak and improve it) then we are in store for a historic year of awesomeness!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I have ears and teach in this profession, I’d like to think I have somewhat of a knowledge of what brass sounds like.  Maybe I should have said music analysis which is more from the box.

I am kinda sick of any kind of negative observation being met with “well you weren’t there and are too stupid to judge so you wouldn’t know”.  It’s annoying and always a cheap shot.  

I thought Blue Stars sounded much better tonight, sorry you don’t agree.  

As ill-qualified as I am, as a fan I also try to understand how corps are being judged, because the corps respond to the judges and that drives how the activity develops. It IS frustrating early in the season trying to do that with just Flo to go by. So good on you for calling it as well as you could, and also expressing that you didn’t hear what the judges did. I don’t think there are many in this forum tonight who are current judges who were at the stadium, but we love the activity, and sharing honest takes is a lot of the fun!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

It's tough with the top 4 being so strong.

Boston is on a run and my pick for the gold

The Bluecoats are hot as always 

And no one puts BD in 4th like no one puts baby in the corner

• Like 1

Just now, ThePlanets said:

It's tough with the top 4 being so strong.

Boston is on a run and my pick for the gold

The Bluecoats are hot as always 

And no one puts BD in 4th like no one puts baby in the corner

Nobody puts BD in a corner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Blue Stars behind Cavaliers in brass is a huge WTF for me. 

44 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

That...is baffling.  

43 minutes ago, spacewill said:

100%Agree.  Cavaliers breaking 70 was a shock to me.  Too messy all around to earn that score...crazy.

42 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

That Cavies were so close to Blue Stars is the ultimate head scratcher

Since the BD, BAC, and BC have had strong guards in recent years and start each year strong, wonder if they'll get scores in the 15/16's.   Those three corps have very good veteran brass and percussion mm who have had their music, like most corps, since December.  They're good enough now to garner 17's.  Even on Flo, did you fans think the Cavies should have been . 8 behind Crown in brass?  Next five days are going to be interesting.

Edited by TOC
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I do think Cavaliers have a very hard show with a lot of upside with lots of cool moments.  I do question a lot of things but it’s a long season for them to adjust and connect the dots.  

I'm sure am proud of them!

• Like 3