DCI Central Indiana 2023

2 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I was very excited when they announced a Camelot related show. I see the elements. I see what they're doing. I just feel like it falls a little flat. I need to see it live. 

This is about how I feel.   felt more like a boston show from the last couple of years than Crown to me. 

• Like 1

I am delighted with the return of MJ in the activity and as mentioned by someone else, the battery writing changes the Crown sound in some really effective ways.   MJ is a master at having the battery play through the brass and using the percussion in musical and lyrical ways rather than just a backing rhythm.   It's fantastic

• Like 6

1 minute ago, gjramsey said:

This is about how I feel.   felt more like a boston show from the last couple of years than Crown to me. 

So old Crown? Because that's the old Crown design team

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, gjramsey said:

I agree. That’s probably why I liked it. I enjoy the more literal stories than the ones “about the color blue”

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ediblewaffles said:

Given the Wednesday scores, we could see a three-way fight for first between Crown, Phantom, and the Cavaliers. I think it'll play out like this:

1. Crown

2. Phantom

3. Cavaliers

4. Blue Stars

5. Troopers

6. Colts

Going back to my prediction, the one change I would make is flipping 3rd and 4th. I think Crown wins tonight, but the margin will be small

There are so, so many brilliantly thematic, classic design choices in Crown’s show… Oh I’m going to be very annoying in support of this show this summer, I can feel it… 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I realize that as well, but not really.   Really need to see it more and see it live in Winston Salem.

2 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

That didn't take long.....

• Haha 1