East Coast Showcase Quincy, MA July 2, 2023

Spectacular show and performance from BAC. Maybe the most fully realized and best-performed show I have seen yet. Gorgeous dark powerful music book with a perfect touch of lightness in the midst. And wow can they play. And move - horn players moving and dancing so well for so early, with tasty drill. And BAC guard is unmatched for athleticism and tossing - mesmerizing. There are aspects of CG I like to see more of in a book but BAC is high guard every year so they are smart to play it that way. 

unis and props and silks are top-notch. 

at this moment, the central idea of Ahab's destructive obsession with Moby Dick seems to get sketched pretty briefly but likely more to come. 

I was a big fan last year and already love this show more. 

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 1

Just now, Cop said:

Boston's guard is stupendously talented and have a strong book.
That said, The artistic aesthetics of this show are elevating a great to guard to another plane. 
bravo staff and of course, members.

Right. And they were selling the story already. I mean this is gonna be monster time in august 

• Like 3

It makes me feel good that so many folks here on dcp seem to be liking what BAC is bringing this year.....and I know that many here are not traditional Boston fans.  But, this IS the best BAC in their history....

• Like 5

Boston that was fabulous...I can't believe how wicked good that was already...wow

• Like 1

So you have BD and Bluecoats with sort of evolved design shows. You have Boston and Crown with somewhat more traditional shows. All 4 are packed with content. Who can shape and execute theirs the best by the end?

I found the first part of Boston’s show choppy, but the communication picked way up at On the Waterfront.

I like Cadets music a lot, and overall staging was fine. Props and costumes didn’t add much. The shorts seem unnecessary. They make everyone look square and short, where a tapered athletic pant would have served a similar thematic purpose with cleaner appearance. 

• Like 7

Ok. I know. But I can’t not have my brain saying “oh be kind to your fine feathered friends…”

• Haha 1

I was a bit underwhelmed by the park performance, but now after hearing and seeing this on the field.... wow. It really is a total package deal. Lots of great sea imagery throughout.  I was a big fan of BAC's show last year, but I'm already liking this more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cage said:

A lot of holes in the Marines

Looks like one in the battery and two in the horns. But the two in the horns are together in the drill a lot so the impact is high