Summer Music Games in Cincinnati 2023-07-05

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

OK, I love Bloo, but think they were rough tonight. The show will be great, but I see them 3rd. I think BAC wins the night.

I agree, actually. But I’ve been proven to know nothing about how scoring works in this activity.

• Like 1

Wonder if the show started with the black and grew to the color it would’ve had more impact. Just a thought. The dark thrown in the middle throws me off. 

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I personally don’t fault BD for being formulaic.  If Bluecoats get lumped in that too so be it.  

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the two being accused of that have had their design teams in place the longest (God knows how long for BD and this is season 11 for Bluecoats).  I’ll take it 🤪

I disagree on Bloo being formulaic musically, although you could definitely point out motifs and soundbytes from most Bloo years since 2014 and someone coming in blind could instantly identify Bloo when they’re triggered by a certain lick in their pit, in the brass. A *snap* “that’s most definitely Bloo right there” if you were to take any Bloo fan and have them listen for the first time this year’s show. I don’t think they’re formulaic in their presentation, as their musical variety lends them to sound very fresh year-to-year!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MelloNell said:

Has anyone checked out the rankings on DCI’s page?  I can’t figure it out.  Several corps aren’t even listed.

Corps have to have at least 3 scores in order to show up on the rankings, which are based on the average of the 3 most recent scores.

5 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Didn't say that. I've actually enjoyed quite a few of their shows, 2019 being the most recent, but people on here can't talk smack about one corps doing something and then the next few corps do the exact same thing and say nothing about it. I get being an unapologetic homer, but eventually it just makes those that do that a hypocrite. Last I'll say on the subject.

No, you have clearly stated on other threads too that you're not a fan. And that's totally fine. But please don't make us have to read your negative critiques every time they perform on Flo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1