Rotary Music Festival Cedarburg, WI - July 3, 2023

47 minutes ago, college-phan said:

Phantom is building a sizable lead in GE and Music, wow!

These percussion scores are gonna be a problem though if they hope to overtake Cadets for that 5th spot...

23 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Am I misreading the Music recap? 
Phantom 22.1
Cavaliers 22.0

Considering the gap I’m referring to is between BS and Phantom, not Cavies and Phantom, I think you’re actually reading my previous comment wrong. Plus gotta include GE in that analysis.

EDIT: to be clear, definitely understand the confusion

Edited by college-phan

12 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Couldn’t see the show… but in a Drum and Bugle Corps show, glad to see my Cavaliers 1st in “drums” and 2nd in “bugles”😎

True for this show, yet MA was only .1 out of cellar for the show. So we'll see how the dance of trimming demand, as well as recurring ensemble rehearsal time goes for elevating that obvious /current caption trailing number. It's a tough show, no doubt.

7 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

These percussion scores are gonna be a problem though if they hope to overtake Cadets for that 5th spot...

That’s gonna be key imo. Personally I’m not the most in tune with Perc scoring and all, but I can only hope the staff is working to make some changes that’ll make Finals a Phantom v Cadets battle for fifth. Going to be hard to win that if they aren’t on a somewhat equal playing field in percussion.

1 minute ago, college-phan said:

That’s gonna be key imo. Personally I’m not the most in tune with Perc scoring and all, but I can only hope the staff is working to make some changes that’ll make Finals a Phantom v Cadets battle for fifth. Going to be hard to win that if they aren’t on a somewhat equal playing field in percussion.

I know alot of people aren't paying attention to them because they are out west, but there is a little corps from Sacramento that is going to fit into the 5th place equation before its all said and done. Not saying they will finish 5th, but they will have a say before it's all said and done. 

Don't sleep on the Mandarins in 2023. They are a legit threat for top six. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

I know alot of people aren't paying attention to them because they are out west, but there is a little corps from Sacramento that is going to fit into the 5th place equation before its all said and done. Not saying they will finish 5th, but they will have a say before it's all said and done. 

Don't sleep on the Mandarins in 2023. They are a legit threat for top six. 

I sorta view Mandarins in a tier by themselves right now with Phantom and Cadets above them and Cavies and Blue Stars below them. That can quickly change as the season progresses, but I need to see some more additions and tweaks of their show before I move them up to the PR-Cadets tier. Of course, could be very wrong here as I am not a judge, but I’m not convinced they’re quite to that level (just design and execution wise) just yet.

1 minute ago, college-phan said:

I sorta view Mandarins in a tier by themselves right now with Phantom and Cadets above them and Cavies and Blue Stars below them. That can quickly change as the season progresses, but I need to see some more additions and tweaks of their show before I move them up to the PR-Cadets tier. Of course, could be very wrong here as I am not a judge, but I’m not convinced they’re quite to that level (just design and execution wise) just yet.

Fair enough. 

9 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

True for this show, yet MA was only .1 out of cellar for the show. So we'll see how the dance of trimming demand, as well as recurring ensemble rehearsal time goes for elevating that obvious /current caption trailing number. It's a tough show, no doubt.

Yep. Roughly a week behind coming out of ST. Gonna be fun to watch. There’s a psychology to being the “pursuer” that is more desirable than being the “pursued”. 

I'm not sure we're really gonna know the 'tiers' beyond 1-4 then 5-9 and Fight for Finals until San Antonio when they're all together.   Even then, they might not be distinguished much more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm not sure we're really gonna know the 'tiers' beyond 1-4 then 5-9 and Fight for Finals until San Antonio when they're all together.   Even then, they might not be distinguished much more

This. And somewhere between SA and Indy a “score correction curve” is coming. Unless we’re going to have 4-5 corps above 95 by Atlanta. With 2+ weeks left to go.