Corn on DeKalb

I like that Crossmen are getting away from the heavy shows of the recent past. Seems they are trying to recapture some of the identity they let go, Obviously performance issues to work out, but there is potential for an entertaining show.

• Like 2

Troopers:  

Jackets add to this uniform, the kerchiefs do not.  I know you take them off as you horns up, but they just look too monochromatic coming on the field.

1 minute ago, gbass598 said:

When I'm a drum guy and even I notice your inability to play in tune. There are some issues.

I think their preview show was better. Not sure if they had tired lips or just overplayed or just flat out ran out of gas.

Ending is certainly going to change at some point. Transitions between tunes needs some work. I'm not sure I understand the show and how it relates to the title.

I just went to the announcement to see how they described it and I don't see it

"Meetings at the Edge'' will take us on a journey to explore the physical and emotional “edge”, a phenomena that exists between individuals and groups, places and things. We travel to the edge, challenge the edge and push beyond the edge on the winding road that leads to your door.

1 minute ago, Super Don-O said:

First show jitters? That brass was really tough to listen to. I love Crossmen, my late wife was a FMM, but that was....    not good.

Sadly, I agree.  Tough to come out as one of the last to start your season and be that rough.  Even the small ensembles were terribly out of tune.  That should not be.

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Troopers:  

Jackets add to this uniform, the kerchiefs do not.  I know you take them off as you horns up, but they just look too monochromatic coming on the field.

Yeah navy blue and gold popped last year 

Edited by Den8uml

1 minute ago, gbass598 said:

When I'm a drum guy and even I notice your inability to play in tune. There are some issues.

I think their preview show was better. Not sure if they had tired lips or just overplayed or just flat out ran out of gas.

Ending is certainly going to change at some point. Transitions between tunes needs some work. I'm not sure I understand the show and how it relates to the title.

Ok, it wasn't just me. The small ensembles will be a lot more effective once in tune.