The Battle for 12th!!!

On 8/2/2023 at 12:06 PM, Chief Guns said:

I was going to use a term we use in the military when we have to crowd people into small spaces or areas, but Lord knows in 2023 I might trigger someone and get banned from DCP lol. 

NTB?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kkrepps said:

NTB?

ATE works, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kkrepps said:

NTB?

Had to google to confirm, but somehow my demented mind accurately guessed the meaning of NTB.

So yes....good thing it wasn't typed in full by Chief Guns.  Boycott of DCP would be underway. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of attention being made to spots 1-4, but the Battle for 12th will be interesting, as well.

Below is from the Rankings section of DCI website.

given the large gap between Troopers and Crossmen, Troopers seem to have a strong position, and will likely be Top 12. 

The far right column is "last score".  The second from right is "average last 3".

Battle for 12th seems to be between Crossmen and BK only, given that Spirit and PC have gaps to overcome to catch BK.

Crossmen pulled ahead considerably over BK recently, so my money is on Crossmen.

Crossmen were last scored Saturday.  BK's latest score was 2 days later, at a score lower than Crossmen.  So, Crossmen appear to be pulling away.

11 Troopers World Class 87.217 88.525
12 Crossmen World Class 84.313 85.388
13 Blue Knights World Class 84.146 84.800
14 Spirit of Atlanta World Class 83.596 83.850
15 Pacific Crest World Class 83.192 83.825

The late 70’s is probably the last time we had so many corps vying for the open spot. The reason I’m calling it open rather than 12th is because two of the corps (Crossmen and Spirit) are making great progress in a short time, one has a show that packs a punch in surprising ways (BK), and one has wanted a finals spot for so long, they could gain momentum (PC). It’s similar to 78 when Kilties snuck past Freelancers, BAC, and Garfield or 79 with the one time only Associates contest (don’t get Crossmen alums of ‘79 started on that one).

Right now I’m going with Crossmen. I think it will also be interesting to see how close they get to Blue Stars this evening. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tim K said:

… or ‘79 with the one time only Associates contest (don’t get Crossmen alums of ‘79 started on that one).

We competed with Crossmen a lot in ‘79. Was unbelievable that they didn’t make finals. 

10 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

It did not look good.  But, they've come a long way.

Examining the caption scores from Allentown--even though the Crossmen were on a different night--they beat BK and Crest in every caption except Brass.  They beat Crest in VA, but were behind BK in Visual Analysis.  The only thing that may be a barrier for the Crossmen is that they perform before both Blue Knights and Pacific Crest at prelims.  Performance order can matter.  If they can still beat them and go into Semis ahead, it's a more comfortable situation.  This is going to be a nailbiter.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. They are all in the same group. Go on first and set the standard and the other 2 are being judged against you. They aren't far enough apart in the draw that the judges won't be able to get it right on whatever order that is. Judges can actually edit their scores in Competition Suite to make sure they get the order right up until the show ends.

2 hours ago, gbass598 said:

That's not necessarily a bad thing. They are all in the same group. Go on first and set the standard and the other 2 are being judged against you. They aren't far enough apart in the draw that the judges won't be able to get it right on whatever order that is. Judges can actually edit their scores in Competition Suite to make sure they get the order right up until the show ends.

They are on after the intermission as well. It would be a difference story if the intermission was between any of their performances, but back to back to back will probably be the best read possible. 

Edited by ContraFart