DCI Tupelo - Tupelo, MS - July 13

33 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Cavies seem to be under the radar a bit. That show have emotional impact, and alot of demand. I hope they clean clean clean clean and do everything to get this beast to its full potential.

Once corps get to Texas and temperatures remain high corps will be forced to short rehearsal blocks.  Difficult to clean, clean and clean.  Last thing that DCI wants to hear is  that  a corps has several members get heat stroke from rehearsals.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Once corps get to Texas and temperatures remain high corps will be forced to short rehearsal blocks.  Difficult to clean, clean and clean.  Last thing that DCI wants to hear is  that  a corps has several members get heat stroke from rehearsals.

The last thing any of us wants to hear! Take care of the MMs!

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Maybe they should abandon Texas tour if it's that bad 🤷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Cavies underperformed last night. I've seen better performances in practice and the show before. Brass wasn't as tight as it could have been. The corps was good but I know they can perform much better.

• Like 1

That's a pretty respectable debut score for Southwind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boxingfred said:

Cavies underperformed last night. I've seen better performances in practice and the show before. Brass wasn't as tight as it could have been. The corps was good but I know they can perform much better.

Trying not to sound cynical, but it seems Cavaliers have “underperformed “ in most, if not every competition this season.  At some point it stops being an off-night, and an indication that there is something more systematically wrong.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Trying not to sound cynical, but it seems Cavaliers have “underperformed “ in most, if not every competition this season.  At some point it stops being an off-night, and an indication that there is something more systematically wrong.  

It's a rehash show. IMO that is what's wrong. I'm not a fan of hey these things made is popular so here is a show with all those things. There are subtle ways to do it without smacking you in the face. But many people have said the music sounds like many thoughts at once with poor pacing. That's design teams fault not the members. So someone said somewhere a huge rewrite is coming and that may fix it. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1