Devils Crusade(rs) and Sin Along The Rockies 23

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Even they aren't achieving their movement books upon my most recent viewing. Not the full ensembles anyway.

BD is quite dirty in visual analysis and proficiency this year by their standards. I expect that to change quite a bit by the end of the season

• Like 2

Dang, turn that group into an Open Class and lets go!  They sound good!

28 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I think you're spot on about how the two distinctions fall in scoring. Risk of injury aside.

Based on my experience and observations though, I don't think most movement staffs have the training to catch and thoroughly address what I'm seeing. Most never trained beyond the college level in dance, if that, where you really get into pedagogy. (Unlike the rich training musicians get.) The exceptions being BD, historically, and Bloo cause well, they have 2 of my fellow alum in the movement staff. 😘

Yes and - tangentially - I’ve always found that odd. Because I know that even when friends and I were auditioning for places like Cadets in the ‘00s, a lot of good people were getting turned away because, despite great equipment skills, they hadn’t taken formal dance classes (which was surprising for that particular corps because I don’t think anyone’s impression was that they were a guard known for dance, per se.) So it’s always surprising to me that better dance skills aren’t seen among guards across the activity, when dance training was an apparent prerequisite so long ago. 

• Thanks 1

Heh. He goes to take her camera for her as they do the picture. And she’s 100% “no. I value the lens on this puppy more than I value this award or even you.”

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

This is also my expectation. I was surprised to see floppy feet from them even early season.

Body movement too is just very inconsistent in technique from person to person right now. Very apparent during the body movement during the two drum breaks. Also tons of spacing variability both within forms and from form to form. Very uncharacteristic, but my theory is that this is due to BD putting more focus than normal on cleaning up the music early on due to the huge step up in difficulty of the book this season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A bit. National anthem going now. Before Battalion takes the field to start the competition