Getting the Colts logo off the 50 yd line for finals

Perhaps it is time to have a DCI finals without the Colts logo dominating the field during finals. It tak. es away from the performing corps, videos, and general scenario. It is almost as though you guys can do your thing, however you will know we are omnipresent. Considering the Crowds and $$ that DCI infuses into Indy we could have one night when the field is ours.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, greenland said:

Perhaps it is time to have a DCI finals without the Colts logo dominating the field during finals. It tak. es away from the performing corps, videos, and general scenario. It is almost as though you guys can do your thing, however you will know we are omnipresent. Considering the Crowds and $$ that DCI infuses into Indy we could have one night when the field is ours.

What show has been ruined by the logo? If I was a designer, I would be more worried that the show isn't taking your attention...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So like...who in DCI can make an NFL owner give up free advertising for three days and all the social media clips thereafter?  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, wilme861 said:

What show has been ruined by the logo? If I was a designer, I would be more worried that the show isn't taking your attention...

Honestly, Crown will be affected by this more than most this year. The round table props have been cluttered by every big logo on every field they’ve been on all season. Especially because the drill forms play off of it at times.

I don't think it's such a wacky request. Heck - the NY Jets and Giants share the same stadium in the Meadowlands. They change the graphics on the 50 and both end zones every week. But they may be set up for it specifically. I can't imagine it's impossible. But I'm sure it will cost something to do it - and that may be the rub. I'm guessing it's not cheap. And if you are going to take the horse shoe off the 50, you might as well remove the COLTS from the end zone too. If they keep the contract for multiple years, they can probably put DCI branding in the end zones and use them over multiple seasons. But in the hierarchy of challenges... I'm not sure this ranks in the top 5 of things the DCI "top brass" are facing in 2023.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GlenI said:

I don't think it's such a wacky request. Heck - the NY Jets and Giants share the same stadium in the Meadowlands. They change the graphics on the 50 and both end zones every week. But they may be set up for it specifically. I can't imagine it's impossible. But I'm sure it will cost something to do it - and that may be the rub. I'm guessing it's not cheap. And if you are going to take the horse shoe off the 50, you might as well remove the COLTS from the end zone too. If they keep the contract for multiple years, they can probably put DCI branding in the end zones and use them over multiple seasons. But in the hierarchy of challenges... I'm not sure this ranks in the top 5 of things the DCI "top brass" are facing in 2023.

In this case, it's probably painted for every game.  In most NFL venues, the logo is part of the turf.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GlenI said:

I think MetLife Stadium has the NFL logo on the 50. They change out the endzone turf between weeks. 

• Like 2